Isaac
Years ago

McQuade previews the 36ers

As crazy as it might seem given how poor they were last season, it's hard not to like the Sixers’ chances in 2011/12.

Start with their offseason recruitment drive, which was one of the best of any team in the National Basketball League. Chris Warren was a gun in the always tough SEC in the NCAA and although he’s undersized, he has unbelievable quickness and showed in the Sunshine State Challenge that he could be one of the best imports in the league this season.

Then there’s Stephen Weigh, who has Boomer potential at the three spot and is a massive upgrade over the departed Brad Hill; while Nathan Crosswell is one of those savvy veterans every ballclub can use and Wade Helliwell provides the kind of size this team lacked last season.
Full article: MM previews the Adelaide 36ers

Topic #26433 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

It's not too often that I agree with MM.

Just hope he is correct!

Reply #332406 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I applaude DB5's comment on the site for that write-up.

Pretty much 100% truth right there in that write-up. It's all going to be on who leads the team and who the missing piece is that fills the final spot.

Reply #332413 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thanks Big Marty, just saying it how I read it.

Reply #332421 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Lest my yearly and easily excitable hopes be once more dashed on the jagged rocks of despair...

LET'S GO SIXERS!

Reply #332426 | Report this post

T L  
Years ago

That article was fantastic. I'm pumped for this season. Tickets are bought and we'll be bringing our voice to every game! I've got faith in Clarke and this new look team. GO YOU SIXER'S!!!!

Reply #332916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754