Anonymous
Years ago

NBA all star Allan Houston on Hamish & Andy

Former Knicks and NBA All-Star Alan Houston played a streetball 3on3 game in New York alongside a intersting Hamish and Andy wearing the Opals uniforms. Funny stuff.

I also found it interesting how well he's kept himself in shape, so many other NBA player's just become largely overweight after they retire.

Topic #26448 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

black genetics

Reply #332627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like it how the court was called The Cage and how like the Tigers, they were losing so half way through just bought some more talent ;)

Reply #332646 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

there is a youtube video of it if you missed it! very funny!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoAqDqy8OU

Reply #332678 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Houston was a solid player during his career, shame about his injuries and also shame that he was offered that contract. Why was he offered 100 million over 7 years? Even when he was healthy he wasn't worth it, and that contract literally sunk GM Scott Layden's knick career right there. Houston to some extent was a little unfairly tarnished from the deal as well. Can anyone say Juwan Howard?

Reply #332787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was solid in 99

Reply #332797 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

David, David, David, Houston was a great player at one stage, he nearly won New York a championship. Horward was always a role player, plus Houston has achieved a great deal in his career.

Houston was one of the greatest shooters I have ever seen and personally he was the ultimate Shooting Guard, size wise and playing/skill wise I have witnessed in basketball. I loved watching this guy play, it was pure joy if you love you basketball!

Reply #332799 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

A A A Houston wasn't worth 100 million that's what I'm saying. Layden was fired which proves my point. I didn’t say Houston wasn’t a good player but worth 100 million? NO. He was one of the highest players paid in the NBA at that time and wasn’t worth it.

As for my point about Howard, I was kind of referring to the backend of Houston's career the contract was clearly a mistake just like Howards was which also was 7 years for 100 million. I agree though Houston was a lot better than Howard.

I will also add finally about Houston, he did everything humanly possible to comeback from his injuries. A lot of people suggested that Houston should retire from his injuries and let his contract get paid out from insurance so it would exempt the Knicks from the cap, Houston would have none of it. He clearly enjoyed playing and was consummate professional who wanted to earn his money. That shows more drive then some players who get a big contract and then just decide to bludge off it.

Reply #332802 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

David, I thought that last post from you was great reading. I think Houston is the GM of New York now? And don't forget that a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay, now that sounds silly but true.

Reply #332836 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I know Houston was a special assistant to Donnie Walsh don't think he's GM but I could be wrong. Apparently despite the terrible value on his deal and his injuries he had a great relationship with Knicks owner James Dolan, so it does not surprise me he still with the Knicks.

As for Houston's deal I'm knocking him as I stated in my original post I said he was "unfairly tarnished by the deal". If someone offers you 100 million are you going to turn it down? Scott Layden however made a real clunker on that one and when he was dismissed as GM he was reportedly "surprised". Go figure.

Reply #332978 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

"I'm not knocking him" I meant to post.

Reply #332991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754