North Adelaide: 46
Norwood Flames: 55
South Adelaide: 51
Southern Tigers: 51
Sturt Sabres: 55
West Adelaide: 36
Woodville Warriors: 36

Western Magic: 25

To me from what i remember from last year Southern have lost a lot, eagles, magic are about the same, norwood and sturt have lost a little, west and warriors have balanced out (with west losing some teams and warriors gaining some), dont remember south, centrals or mavs.

I think this is kind of a good thing as the teams have balanced out a lot with only forestville way out in front.

but div 1 girl wise;
u12s are missing a mavs team
u14s are missing a woodville team
u16s are missing a south team
u18s have a full house

div 2s;
u12s have an extra sturt and forestville team and are missing a mavs and a south team
u14s have an extra sturt team and are missing a south team
u16s have an extra sturt, norwood and forestville teams and missing a woodville team
u18s have an extra forestville, sturt, north and two extra norwood teams and missing a mavs, woodville and west

so in conclusion;
mavs are missing 3 teams, south are missing 3 teams, woodville are missing 3 teams and west are missing 1 team from div 1 and 2 sides

so what does everyone think about that

Topic #26463 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville could gain a lot of teams if an agreement between them and Magic is struck.

Reply #332860 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Reply #332861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is this girls only breakdown?

Reply #332868 | Report this post

Passionate  
Years ago

Under 12 div 1 girls missing centrals not mavs

Reply #332869 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

My apologize passionate you are right

Boys will be done tomorrow at some point

Reply #332872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like the one team per div will spread the talent around and reduce number of teams from big three.

Reply #332891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thays not junior teams. but totals junior and senior teams.

Reply #332893 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Boys;
No clubs are missing any teams in div 1

div 2s;
12 and 14 boys have everyone
16 boys have an extra sturt and norwood team
18 boys have an extra sturt, norwood and forestville team

Senior div 2s:
men have an extra woodville and sturt team as well as two SA Church teams and a uni sa and adelaide uni team
women have an extra uni sa and adelaide uni team

and because im bored under 10s:
div 1 boys:
missing a mavs and central teams
div 2 boys:
are missing a west and mavs team and have a western magic team with an extra north and south team
div 1 girls:
are missing a mavs, centrals and a norwood team
div 2 girls:
are missing a mavs, west, north and a woodville team and have a western magic team

Reply #332900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs are dying!

Reply #332901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U14 girls 2 has 2 x sturt teams and 2 forestville

Reply #332903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Programs are out. Well done BSA for getting thse out early.

Reply #332913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA good work. Who likes the north south thing ? Looks a little boring.

Reply #332950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate the North South pools for Div 2 U23's. All we do is play against other teams from our club. Why do I pay fees for that!!

Reply #332955 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yeah lots of complaints last summer too! think they would have changed it for this season...

Reply #332957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am amazed that none of the complaints are being listened to. Junior Div 2 teams do not play pro/rel nor do they have North South pools. It seems obvious to me that BSA has no regard for Div 2 U23 comp as it it treated worse that U12 Div 2's

Reply #332964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so mavs have no under 10 boys or girls teams???

Reply #332990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they make a conscious decision to play them in their local comp

Reply #332993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U-16 girls div 2 ;Sturt/Forestville/Norwood all have a second team ,that makes div 3 weak and div 2 boring because you play the same clubs all of the time.I agree that by having one team per div will make all divs interesting and stronger+kids wont be moving as much out of their areas.

Reply #333001 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

You still play different teams - even if they are from the same club. If those clubs did not nominate a second team it would only be a 9 team comp with a bye. Making it more boring for you.

Reply #333042 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

You still play different teams - even if they are from the same club. If those clubs did not nominate a second team it would only be a 9 team comp with a bye. Making it more boring for you.

Reply #333043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at U23 D2 Mens Phase A. - 3 North Teams, 1 Woodville, I Norwood and a bye every week. What a joke for what presumably is the next best comp in U23 below Div 1. What a joke!!

Reply #333090 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

they should set up the whole age groups like juniors
div 1 and div 2 normal comp. With div 3/4/5 being the pro/reg system and without the north and south groups.

Reply #333099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and then everyone will complain about travelling from Gawler to Morphett Vale on a Tuesday night and having school/uni the next day blah blah.

BSA can't win.

Reply #333102 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

then dont send woodville to m/vale at 6
or dont send southern to the port at 10
its really not that hard

Reply #333105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 team per div.

Only 4 divs at district level only.

Rest leagues run by clubs. Pro/Rel players from league/district

Problem solved.

Reply #333107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find most people, including BSA want Div 2 U23's to be same as Div 2 juniors. We worry about travel for U23's but not for juniors. I don't understand

Reply #333112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 23 has a car use it.

Reply #333129 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Idiot above I have 2 x U23's that dont have cars or licences and play in different teams so your generalisation comment is way off base

Reply #333196 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Under 16 girls(division 2 ) would have a full 10 teams and with that no byes if Magic was allowed to play-problem solved!

Reply #333201 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

anon196 we have four teams of u23 boys and two teams of u23 girls and all of them have licenes and a car so may be he aint that far off

Reply #333211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My U12 kid doesn't have a licence but he gets to all games from Starplex to Morphett Vale.

Reply #333234 | Report this post

Years ago

western magic will never have div 1 or 2 when there are more than 3 divs - they choked woodville and the people responsible for the split have all jumped ship / positions and left the next generation with the mess.

woodville would have been fine if people did not work against the club.

80% of st clair juniors went to woodville and 20% to west

it's all hipocrasy here - i seem to recall people advising policy will be div 1-2 west adelaide and 3-4-5 western.

Reply #333324 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

nobody is being hypocritical we agreed to the plan with West,but basketball SA has put an end to that so that's the only reason we are asking for div 2 status in divs where there are no 10 usual teams.Now that is a pretty decent asking at least i think so.Even a deal with the Warriors would be welcomed,but i don't see people talking-why?

Reply #333333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did BSA put an end to the Div 1-2 West and Div 3-5 Western arrangement

Reply #333335 | Report this post

Years ago

my apologies then ringlord - i did not realize it had been squashed by BSA

Reply #333345 | Report this post

Years ago

pro/rel accross the board - all teams all divisions.

Reply #333346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ring Ring 21 year old. Can I get a lift to the game ?

Anon hate to see your game plan if they can't do that.

Reply #333349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ringlord how many times do you need to hear this.

Western Magic should not exist in a District basketball competition.

You got in because BASA needed your money. Otherwise you never would have existed.

Be thankful for what you have instead of complaining about what you never will.

Reply #333353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Ringlord,

there are 12 teams in said division, not 9, problem is already solved. Don't let the facts get in the way - 2 pair beats a fullhouse if you bluff hard enough.

Nice try though, I am sure BSA staff make their decisions based on hoops posts. I can see how coming on here will see a magic team placed in D2. Good luck.

Reply #333362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Magic pay same fees let them in Div 2 or 1

Reply #333415 | Report this post

anonny  
Years ago

Pretty sure that unless Magic can run an ABA program they are unable to have teams in Div 1 and 2.

Reply #333441 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

According to this weeks Messenger the deal still stands between West& Western?,now i am as confused as anybody!And yes i agree to play div 1 we must field an ABL team & put fees up or we have an unfair advantage over any other club in the west.I AM TALKING ABOUT BEING ALLOWED TO PLAY IN DIVISION 2 NOT HIGHER.And to the person who wrote that in the previously stated division there are 12 not 9 teams-i meant before the decision was made to let others have 2 teams per division.

Reply #333505 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

And of course if West still are trying to form a partnership with us we do not ask for higher div status and are very happy with that.As for the club not existing answer me why did so many juniors join our club and continue to do so.Also why is the Warriors junior program not attracting the same numbers?

Reply #333506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reason BSA (sub Bull Shit Artists)have done a sudden back flip is because it did not work the way they wanted it to. BSA are anti-Western and anti-West. However Western Magic and West Adelaide will continue to work together, for the good of basketball in the Western Suburbs, despite BSA withdrawal, as they genuinely try to make the partnership work!!!

Reply #333539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season several Magic kids went across to play within West Teams and we were made to feel welcome and all the kids got along fine. It now seems that BSA have stopped this relationship between the two clubs. So if BSA kept out of it and left it to West & Magic i am sure they would have it sorted and up and running to benifet both clubs and kids.

Reply #333673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic should never been allowed to exist. Should just disappear.

Reply #333696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic is the future of basketball in the district competition,we will never roll over and die.Long live the model West and us are putting together.I could just feel the fear in other clubs-you have ruled for to long,now its our turn to shine.

Reply #333710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep you got me there, you really shine in Div 3 and below LOL Gotta love school holidays.

Reply #333735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting how a club like woodville hasn't won anything even in thise crap divisions,even when a supposed div 1/2 team is dropped down a few divs-look at yourselves first before making stupid comments.Plus if magic was allowed to play higher divs the 56 players that left and are playing in other div 1/2 clubs would come back,something that cant be said for the mighty greens1

Reply #333986 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754