Anonymous
Years ago

sabres vs panthers?

who do you think is going to win this saturday? Panthers are 3 from 5 whilst sturt is 4 from 5...both have had a few close games. Kosmider has been impressive but i think gower and forman are going to be punishing. I'm going to go with sturt as I think there hungry to get over their painful lost last week.

what does everyone else think?

Topic #2647 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Sabres. Just too many scoring threats. I don't think Darren will go 3 of 17 again. I think Oscar took a step up in his playing last week and should continue that against what is, realistically, lesser opposition.

South only have Pilkington and Scanlon scoring that much (in 5 Panther games, all Panthers combined have only registered 3 games over 20 points). Put Gower on one, and Ng or Hakendorf on the other.

I think the girls' game is tougher to pick as the South women have played well this season. Sturt narrowly in that one is my tip.

Reply #29897 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

good point isaac, i agree.

But seriously, i think Sturt will be simply too good. South have played some good ball, Panther included, but Sturt has too much height, too much athletiscm, too much experience.

I tip Gower and Forman to be the difference, and Panther to foul out (sorry mate couldn't resist).

Reply #29898 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

snap

Reply #29901 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey hey HEY! I think i've only fouled out once this season, but don't quote me on that!
Oscar held to 14 points, Gower ejected and Ng breaks leg after falling off the bench...
Panthers by 8.

Reply #29904 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

I'm hoping Panthers win although I've tipped Sturt (if that makes any sense). I just can't bring myself to tip Panthers as I believe Sturt will get the win, it'll be a close game and I'll be happy either way. If Sturt win I get a win on tipping ;) If South win I'll be happy as it means South are that bit closer to closing in on the top teams even though I'll have a loss in tipping :)

Although it's said that the Panthers have only registered 3 over 20 points, I think South have been playing one of the best team games I've seen. In most games you don't have a stand out performance from one particular player. You can't pick who'll top score yet you know you'll probably have more players in the double figures than the other team if it's a close game. Including Panther ;) Sorry mate just had to do it.

Kosmider's been playing well leading with assists and Pilkington and Blight (along with Baylis ;)) have been pulling down some big boards. I believe any loose balls will picked up by the Panthers as their hussle has been at a high level so Sabres better be sure they hold onto that ball tightly, I think this is what could win or lose this match as both teams have been battling tough and it'll be a close game.

I believe it'll be one of the highest intensity games for the weekend with a few heated battles (try stay out of it this time Panther unlike last week. Although was good to watch).

Would be a good game to get down to and watch.
Sturt by 5. Sorry Panther.

Reply #29907 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

well this is a tough one. but I do think the vastly superior Panther men will get across the line by about 35 ;-)
The women may be a bit closer, I am tipping South by 20.

Seriously, I have followed South Adelaide for about 5 years now and I am very happy with their game at the moment. Kelly is developing depth in the bench and it is starting to pay dividends. Got rid of some dead tall timber and the team is better for it. I am still tipping South to win both games but I think it will be very close in the mens and a land slide in the womens. Go get em panthers !!!!

Reply #29909 | Report this post

Izzard  
Years ago

If the game is at Pasadena South will lose by 20+.

Reply #29910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would it matter where the game is?

Reply #29913 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Because the South men have won all 3 games they have played at Marion this year, all against teams they were tipped to lose to!

Reply #29915 | Report this post

Izzard  
Years ago

History shows that they get whacked by plenty when they play at Pasadena. This year will be no exception.

Reply #29916 | Report this post

cameron  
Years ago

sturt by 30 plus....no joke, south have been good this year, but are clearly out of their depth.....unless the marion rings play havoc with the sturt boys.

Reply #29917 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

"unless the marion rings play havoc with the sturt boys."

The game's at pasadena. Too many people are expecting a blow out. Be good to see if Panthers can come through and win or at least make it an exciting finish.

Reply #29938 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I think that strut will wipe the floor with the south boys, to good, to many scoring options, to much talent. That's just too much for the panthers.

In the girls game it will be a bit different though I think that the south woman will get over the line by a close margin.

Reply #29942 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

My program has the mens game at 630...truth?

Reply #30001 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it got changed back. Women at 6:30, Men at 8:15.

Reply #30003 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

I am on top (share) of the tipping ladder without being in the same country. Maybe you can get that much from stats. But I have long thought South had been a dangerous group despite thier record. They play hard and physical. What are they doing this season to make them better???? (answer please Panther) I tipped Sturt.

Reply #30010 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

SORRY SHOULD HAVE READ FIRST POST FROM MR T

Reply #30012 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754