Badassmofo
Years ago

No Bogut; Blaze ticket refunds?

Now that Bogut is going to Kings, do Blaze members have cause to ask for a refund for their season tickets purchased after many in the Blaze org hinted via twitter that big news was coming up and buy tix now meaning they had Bogut...i find this unprofessional....Do they (blaze tix holder) have just cause now for a refund?

Topic #26472 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope, if youre going to be dumb enough to purchase season tickets based on players twitter feeds, considering the maturity level of the players aswell, you're on your own!

Bogut to kings is sensational for NBL and Australian basketball, see if a few games pick up live coverage afterall perhaps!

Reply #333020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blaze had 2 chances none and none

Reply #333023 | Report this post

Jamie  
Years ago

Peoples,
Hold on to your horses ...
Kings isnt set in concrete as yet.
Bogeyman could still be a 6r

Reply #333026 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I think the Blaze started a trend that might be continued. How many people bought blaze tickets on the news?

Combine that with how many people have bought tickets to the (home team) vs Sydney games across the NBL tonight.

Then tomorrow hold a press conference to announce the last player of the Sydney roster. Last minute ticket sales go through the roof.

The next day being the Wedneday, Bogut catches the morning Melbourne to Adelaide flight and Bogut signs and starts training with the 6ers.

A fairytale story in which games across the league are sold out for Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne games.

Reply #333027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No refund, Bogut was never going to GC !!

Reply #333030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was never going anywhere but Sydney. Deal was all but done nearly a month ago.

Reply #333033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Privately, the Kings have not given up hope of luring Milwaukee Bucks centre Bogut to the Kingdome, but admit it is looking "highly unlikely" he will play in Sydney while the insurance for his $40 million NBA contract is unresolved and he remains torn between the Kings and Adelaide 36ers.

That said, Sydney are considered the frontrunner to sign Bogut if the insurance issue can be sorted after the Gold Coast Blaze pulled out of negotiations yesterday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/we-dont-need-andrew-bogut-say-kings/story-e6frey6i-1226157608220

Reply #333034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings were led from the front by star centre Julian Khazzouh last season, but the Kings mentor said they will be stronger again thanks to the recruitment of power forward import Jerai Grant and veteran Mark Nitties.

Someone please tell me Mark Nitties isn't in fact Martin Iti? Poor bloke could have a new nickname based on poor journalism .....

Reply #333037 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The article was written by Tyson Otto, a poor journalist, so it's highly probably it was meant to be Martin Iti.

Reply #333049 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

At no point did any player mention Andrew Bogut or that they were about to sign anyone.

So the answer is NO.

Reply #333073 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If people were dumb enough to sign up based on tweets, then no, they don't, but no-one can deny that the Blaze staff, players and even the coach were capitalising on the Bogut rumour to boost their numbers... It was unprofessional to say the least, and one thing to come from wanker players, but you'd expect better from the coach and staff...

Reply #333087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if people were stupid enough to buty a season ticket based on a rumour they deserve what thety get

Reply #333091 | Report this post

djmojo  
Years ago

I think blaze fans have every right to a refund based on those tweets!

Reply #333120 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Pretty sure that anyone who contacted the club was told in no uncertain terms that the club had not signed Bogut.

Reply #333131 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Has Bogut come out and said he's signing with Sydney? I just read on the NBL website no more than 2 minutes ago (and there seems to be nothing contradicting this elsewhere) that although he knows who he will play for, nothing has been signed yet.

So what's with people saying 'when he suits up for Sydney' or that it was a done deal a month ago? I conceed he might play for the Kings, but nothing is known yet, its just speculation. He might not.

Reply #333174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754