Statman
Years ago

New GC Blaze TV Ad

Following on from last years popular ad the guys in the Blaze front office have again been hard at work and come up with another slick and well produced product. I understand this is to be shown in cinemas and also on the local TV stations on the coast.

Check it out here

Topic #26478 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I wanna see the same guy do an ad for the 36ers!

Reply #333132 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting that there were a few critics of the last 36ers ad that had more empty-gym-preparations than game footage.

National Skipping League.

Wonder if there's anything approaching proven numbers that show which style of ad is more effective - something like this, or something that shows a lot more actual game play?

It's polished but I don't really like the Wright rhetoric. And I wonder what people will make of the "5 years" line?

I suspect the league and clubs overthink the theme of an ad sometimes. The Breakers a while back had that 24 seconds thing. Now the NBL have a shotclock and the IMO awkward "It goes off." Would it kill the sport to show off big moments and crowds? At least the NBL started in that direction a bit this year even if some of their highlights were a bit weak because they were scared to show players that weren't in the league or weren't local.

Reply #333150 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Isaac, I think this sort of advert works for a club that's in its infancy within the league.

The Sixers have too much history to resort to simply having workout close-ups and empty gyms.

I think the club needs to go with a timeline advert with clips from all the different periods, perhaps finishing off by having 5-6 players from the different periods all together saying some like "We're Sixers for life" or some such dribble.

When you have 20+ years of history (most of it recorded one way or another) you've just got to use it.

Reply #333213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10 players, 5 years of failure and they talk about redemtion, couldnt even afford color.

Reply #333218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754