36er
Years ago

NBL 1st year players to get minutes

Anyone know who's the most promising rookies to get any minutes this year?

Topic #26481 | Report this topic

snake5  
Years ago

Deba George (technically not a rookie as he has played some minutes for the Taipans many years ago) will get plenty of game time and is the Taipans most promising new talent.

Reply #333136 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Gynes and Bose easily.

Reply #333137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As above, Bose and Gynes. Also Mitch Norton once he recovers from injuries. Greg Hire could get some good minutes, but he already played games for Perth last season.

Reply #333139 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Andrew Bogut

Reply #333141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Bose or Gynes be the best option for Dream Team? I've heard a lot about Bose, however, looking at the box scores Gynes seems to produce more.

Reply #333142 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I think Alex Gynes is going to surprise a lot of people this season. He was a signing that went under the radar but performed just as well as Bose during the pre-season tournament.

Anatoly Bose
Averaged 23 minutes a game (over 2 games, missed 1 through injury) for per game stats of:

8 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1 steal, 0.5 blocks

Alex Gynes
Also averaged 23 minutes a game (played all 3 games) for per game stats of:
13.3 points, 5 rebounds and 0.6 steals

Reply #333143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how old is deba george? i remeber him from the 2005 dunk comp in townsville! had no idea he was still in the league? dunno if he left and came back or hung around the whole time but either way, hows that for hangin in there!

Reply #333160 | Report this post

Tom Ryan  
Years ago

Deba's 24/25ish I think? Incredible talent, won the MVP of the QBL last season.

Reply #333163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom Daly?

Reply #333203 | Report this post

snake5  
Years ago

Deba's 26. And yes, it's been a long road for him to get into the Taipans.
Tom, quite right. He is a most promising player. Anyone who saw him play against the Blaze last week would have left wondering why he wasnt selected sooner.

Reply #333212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754