Anonymous
Years ago

Andrei Kirilenko signs with CSKA Moscow

SALT LAKE CITY (AP)—Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko(notes) has signed a 3-year contract with Russia's CSKA team that he can terminate if the NBA lockout ends.

The deal was announced on the team’s website.

Kirilenko will become an unrestricted free agent once the 2011-12 NBA campaign begins but has expressed a desire to play for the team that drafted him 24th overall in 1999.

The 30-year-old grew up in Russia but gained dual citizenship recently.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao1RGJbMmqa0SpSTIHcpmJ.8vLYF?slug=ap-kirilenko-russia

Topic #26497 | Report this topic

Years ago

saw him play on tv - liked his game

Reply #333343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kirilenko could've been an absolutely amazing player, his numbers at the beginning of his career suggest his awesome athletiscm, but those injuries ruined his career.

Reply #333352 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the fact that he's batshit insane and had the craziest, most-nonsensical gripes and complaints I have ever heard, ruined his career.

A complete headcase.

Reply #333435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would he sign a 3 yr contract and have an nba outclause? Does he think the lockout's gonna last til 2016?

Reply #333508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My guess would be because he's a free agent and may not receive a contract back in the NBA

Reply #333513 | Report this post

Big Bad Russian  
Years ago

AK47 up in dis motherfuker

Reply #333756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754