tyrell
Years ago

BREAKERS @ GC BLAZE- SPOILER ALERT

YEAH WHITE!!!!!!!!! Big final quarter for a comfortable win in the end. 102 points in a 40 minute game is not easy!!! Paying $1.33 the Blaze were massive favorites, whereas we were paying $3.30!!!!!

Thought Mike English would be better but he had 0 points and 5 fouls in only 17 minutes. Good to see Petrie back out on court for the Blaze!

Big Gee was good with 21 points and 9 boards! New import Jackson had 11 points, 7 boards and 5 assists!!! Mika fouled out but was awesome early too!!! Looking forward to the game on Sunday against Wollongong!

Topic #26519 | Report this topic

Opt  
Years ago

Looks like abercrombie stepped up big time, if he can be a possible consistent scoring threat each week the breakers will easily finish in the top 4.
Had wilkinson as my captain in the dream team so stoked with he's performance.

Was expecting the blaze to make it a closer game.

Reply #333744 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers shooting the ball well especially from the freethrow line. 5 blocks as well for NZ. Great start for the season.

Reply #333757 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Breakers big four of Wilkinson, Abercrombie, Vukona and Bruton is a very good one, Jackson could be a real good glue guy and there is a decent supporting cast there.

I thought they would struggle the first couple of rounds after such a disrupted pre-season but the Blaze defence is a nice welcome to the year! Tougher test against a well-organised Wollongong on Sunday.

Reply #333771 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Bruton knows when to step up and hit the big shots for NZ and Abercrombie didn't settle for outside jumpshots. Anyone make any cash on this game?

Reply #333774 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No, but the early odds on NZ, Sydney and Perth had me wanting to put some money on!

Reply #333779 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Still struggle to see the value of Jason Cadee.
I understand he had that nasty car crash, but I haven't really see him do much at all.

Reply #333781 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Mystro, yes. Only dropped ten on them though. Hoping they back it up again as well.

Reply #333787 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

5 assists, 1 turnover in 22 mins for a 20 year old against the reigning champs. I think you are being a little harsh on Cadee.

Reply #333788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you don't love watchig jason cadee you don't love nbl basketball... btw love joey wright's people skills in basically hanging an axe over the haed of their new import - sure to build his confidence

Reply #333806 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Maybe he's not working hard enough and Joey feels he needs a public kick up the arse. Given his resume, he just may not be up to it? But surely he must be better than 0p, 0/5, 4to and 5f!

Reply #333808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is all joey has though isn't it? kicking people up the backside? quite claerly this is better suited to some situations or players than others..

Reply #333823 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sometimes it seems to be, but most players love playing for him so they must respond to that or feel he only does it when warranted.

Reply #333825 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Re: Cadee

Sure he had a few assists last night, but his shooting has been terrible.

3/28 from 3-point for his career.
Has averaged 3.8ppg, 1.9rpg and 1.6apg over his carrer and 55 % from FT Line.

Im not exactly saying that he doesn't have the potential to be a very good NBL player/Boomer..I just think hes a lot farther from those lofty heights than anyone of us imagined.

Tom Daly has showed more promise--Especially with his 13 or so point game against Sydney.

Reply #333831 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

DB5: I think they have a good chance of backing it up tonight. Main players shot the ball well from the floor and when they went to the line they made it count. Fitness should be good as the Tallblacks players in the Breakers have been training and playing right through.
Hawks won't roll over at home tho

Reply #334007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754