Anonymous
Years ago

NBL site news feed with spoilers

can somebody suggest NBL to somehow avoid making the upcoming game results a headline. popping on their site to check what's the game on tonight while also finding out the final result kinda suks

Topic #26538 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Why don't you suggest it to them?

Reply #334059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just thought some on here will know people at the office? i'm sorry if otherwise

Reply #334061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marc howard communications dude. numbers on the site

Reply #334063 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Are you serious? Why wouldn't the NBL site show the results once they are available? That's the whole idea of the site to show up to date results.

Perhaps download the schedule or go to google and type in nbl schedule 2011

Reply #334064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm just suggesting to make it less obvious until the tv have finished showing it. obviously people who really wants to know will go search it up

Reply #334069 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Its called not going on the NBL Website. although the NBLs facebook page ruined the 6ers delayed game for me...

Reply #334077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at a tv guide, or just turn on at 10.30?

Reply #334078 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I just avoided the internet altogether friday and saturday arvo/night

Reply #334082 | Report this post

trevor  
Years ago

nbl facebook have wised up and put a bunch of empty lines on their status updates so if you want the score revealed you have to click "read more" which is good.

I think the website will wise up too, and make it so at the top you have to hover your curser over the televised game to get the score details.

Though IMO the website this year is far better than its ever been. Finally i can open up every box score of the round in a couple of seconds, without having to go into every games individual game report and scroll down for the seperate box score hyperlink. Kudos!

Reply #334083 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think scores should remain in the title headers on the official site.

For those who want to check in on the results but not inclined to tune in at 10:30pm.

The ... Click for more is a good idea but generally knowing the game is on delay you would think u would avoid social media (facebook, twitter, forums etc).

Reply #334093 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The NBL have introduced an NBLscores Twitter account purely for score updates so people out for those games are not overwhelmed.

Reply #334109 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Another good idea (seperating scores/twitter accounts), enjoy following some of the other clubs and for instance the Breakers used twitter quite well last season until it came to game night and it turned into almost a play by play!

Reply #334146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if ur watching the game delayed stay away from basketball sites u goose

Reply #334202 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I believe that its up to individuals to just avoid things like news or pages on the internet which are more than likely going to publish the league's scores as they happen. Sorry to say but sites like nbl.com.au are an obvious source of NBL scores and once a game is played they are going to have it on the site.

If you don't want to know the game score, don't watch or go where you're likely to find out before seeing the TV replay, simple.

Reply #334308 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754