Donny
Years ago

How much would the 36ers cost to buy?

As stated in another post, I know a group of guys with deep pockets who want a NBL team.

I have to say that BASA selling the 36ers would be the best thing for everyone.

Every local club would get a big cash boost, you would think new management couldn't be worse then current management.

Local clubs can use the money to get basketball going at grassroots levels and BASA can concentrate on growing basktball in SA.

I would like to hear what people think about that and at what type of cost do you think the 36ers would go for?

Don

Topic #2654 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well the phoenix suns are worth 400 million so...........

Reply #29986 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

manchester united are worth 800 million so..........

Reply #29987 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the sixers have no players so there worth about 100,000 dollars at the moment (plus mark davis's yearly salary 200,000 a year).

Reply #29988 | Report this post

Donny  
Years ago

OK, Anyone know how much the 36ers have been profiting in recent years? Just the 6ers, not counting BASA's other ventures.

Reply #29990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You might find some info in here:

BASA Audit paper

Reply #29992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll start the bidding at fifty cents...

Reply #30068 | Report this post

Scrote  
Years ago

I'll up you five cents on that. 55 cents, i have 55 cents here...

Reply #30084 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I got a couple of dollars and a bottle of domestos, I hear their keen on my offer, but can't say a peep until its official.

Reply #30124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nice.

On that line of thought, could part-public ownership (i.e., people and businesses buying into a percentage of the club) work?

Reply #30135 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Hey DJ opening night i hear goes like this, Higgins is going to wheel in a fire truck mid court and douse the dome from the inside in Domestos then grab a microphone and yell ....thats the bottom line cause Brenton Higgins said so!

Reply #30142 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

ROFLMAO, well it would be entertaining, might need to advertise to bring your own poncho, cause the club wont be giving you won for free!

Reply #30165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754