Anonymous
Years ago

Lightning test v Sydney this Friday

While the final score was almost 30 points difference last week I didn't think the girls looked settled.

Lightning game on this Friday night against Sydney would be their first real challenge. Flames have lost Porter but good to see Alicia Poto and Belinda Snell playing again.

By my count that's at least 8 Aussies who will be pushing for an Olympics spot playing WNBL this season!

Sydney also have American big Amy Denson who was very impressive last season.

Big game for the new look Lightning, I can't wait!!

Topic #26557 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Will the game be on TV?

Reply #334497 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

Yea ABC1 1pm on the 15th

Reply #334500 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Both teams in that 3-4-5-6 position bracket. Too early in season to make much out of it

Reply #334502 | Report this post

hogwash 27  
Years ago

This could go a long way to deciding their head to head. They only play each other twice this season, while they play some teams 3 times.

The winner and margin might end up being vital come their second clash with the spli on head to head leading to a finals position or fail.

With last weeks attendence, the master, hopefully a good crowd for this weeks game can get them over the line.

Interesting to see if Sydney can stop Batkovic and Bishop.

Reply #334507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought Lightning would have been aiming for 1st or 2nd not 3-4 or 5-6.

If Adelaide and Sydney are 3 - 6 then who would be 1 and 2 J?

Reply #334510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy to see Bulleen and Dandenong in the top 2. But think that the lightning could challenge.

Reply #334522 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

it will come down to injuries who gets hurt and when

Reply #334527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Challenge for Sydney will be inside Ironmonger struggled to get much court time against the Tute last week. They seem to lack quality big player. Batkovic should have another day out.

Reply #334529 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

If that is all sydney have inside - adel by 20

Reply #334654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that both Dandenong and Bulleen lost last night too.

It's going to be a long tough season.

Reply #334883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

comedy of errors and a lack of score/time awareness killed the lightning at end of a great game. scenario training this week for the lightning???

Reply #335096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754