Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide Lightning v Sydney Flames

Flames got up 65 - 60.

Lightning looked good in patches but bad in others.

3 consecutive plays cost the Lightning the chance of winning the game. Absolute brain fades, like fouling with 1.20 left on the clock in a 3pt game.... why?? Throwing a terrible pass on the next offence for a turnover, then on a fast break - down by 3 with less than 24sec left, instead of looking for a 3-ball they drive to the bucket....

Average game to watch.

Good to see the CEO taking parking money!

Topic #26577 | Report this topic

____  
Years ago

and we couldnt shoot if our lives depended on it

sydney's defence was very good

Reply #334762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't shoot and we don't have aguard who can run the team or move the ball quickly. Surely there is a better ABL guard out there

Reply #334769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon you snipes are becoming really predictable and boring..

Reply #334789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually this is my first comment on this. I used to go watch but got fed up with the game being served up to supporters. Missed the first game this year but paid my money and went to see the new improved team.

And I was impressed with certain elements. As for the shooting every team can have a bad night so even that doesn't concern me. But it was the pace of moving the ball up the court, it was the movement of the ball through hands quickly which was very frustrating. It was slow and predictable. I thought this was game style of our new coach but when others brought the ball down the court there was some intensity and urgency about it. Also when the coach is yelling from the sidelines to move the ball I guess that is a clue that it is not the way he wants the team to play or be run.

Work on this and I am hopeful of a good season.

Reply #334790 | Report this post

Tripper  
Years ago

I missed last weeks double header, so was looking forward to this weeks game, after all the hype and build up...So what did i SEE?
Saw some really good things!
Also saw some promising things!
Saw some really average things...
And then saw probably the DUMBEST 90 seconds of basketball from a professional team in my life!
Ouch...that hurt!
I am sure we will improve....

Reply #334815 | Report this post

Q2  
Years ago

The Lightning need to bring Hill off the bench to rest either Batkovic or Bishop, the tall front line isnt working for the Lightning. Herrick is not the answer off the bench to spell the starting bigs, I'm gob smacked that she plays! Marino as our PG has to start limiting her brain explosions otherwise more losses will mount when the pressure is high. Our bench is very thin & was exposed last night. I know Screen is returning from injury but at the moment she is a shadow of her former self hopefully we'll see the best of Screen in the coming month or so.

Reply #334839 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

I don't think Herrick can play anything but the 5, so they need to sort out a different rotation pretty quickly!

Reply #334861 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

you couldnt really blame screen every whistle she was either taken off or put on to the court she really couldnt get going and she didnt want to shoot at all had plenty of looks but would then pass it off

Reply #334864 | Report this post

Uropa27  
Years ago

Herrick is only there because of simon

Reply #334865 | Report this post

Uropa27  
Years ago

Herrick is only there because of simon

Reply #334866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think you'll find she was a contracted player along time before the season started. i dont think she did anything terrible in the game. came in in small bursts to give suzy a break. exactly what a back up should do.
there were other players that get minutes that should be looking at themselves. just turning up on the night isnt going to get the win.

if bucks wasnt happy with screen, maybe should have given minear a few mins just for some fresh legs on snell etc.

Reply #334872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do we have a back up PG

Reply #334897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ireland?

Reply #334905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Ireland a go sure she wouldn't have the same BRAIN FADE

Reply #334971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754