Anonymous
Years ago

Despite TV Saga - NBL On The Rise

It really does seem to me that the NBL is on the rise. While the TV situation has everyone pissed off there seems to be more talk about the NBL than I can ever remember. The entire month leading up to the season Twitter was abuzz & the amount of people who have posted to ONE on facebook is astounding, that many people would never have cared before. It it just me or is the NBL getting much more popular and being a lot more talked about despite the TV sitation? Have you noticed more people talking about it? Online and/or in real life? Imagine what would be happening if the games were freakin live on TV, but anyway, still appears to be great signs from what I am seeing an hearing. Thoughts?

Topic #26588 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

People are talking about it yes, but remember its still for the wrong reasons. If they have a workaround solution for the fans then sure, but apart from that, negative publicity is just that: negative.

Reply #334876 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Big disappointed Sydney crowd that turned up to see Bogut play. So for that one off additional sale of tickets by a bluff, how many would come to see their great Sydney side again?

Reply #334884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same crowd as they averaged last year so I imagine Bogut had nothing to do with it. Bigger issue is whether they will come back after such a bad performance, they did last year but I think people expected it to be tough first year back. No excuses this year, they dont need to dominate, just be competitive and win 12 games or so. Not too much to ask.

Reply #334889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EXACTLY anon

Reply #334892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754