Isaac
Years ago

North vs Eastern

Any tips for this game?

Topic #266 | Report this topic

D-lin  
Years ago

Gotta go with Eastern. North won't be able to stop Holmes and Davis. Will be a good game though. Get there early cos it will be TOUGH to find a park and a seat. Hope the OH&S people are watching footy on Saturday night!!!

Reply #2011 | Report this post

Mattus  
Years ago

"Gotta go with Eastern. North won't be able to stop Holmes and Davis."

Yet North beat them both times this season?

Reply #2016 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Regular season and finals are completely different. We aren't going by previous form, it's current form, and my opinion is that North will lose to Eastern because of the 2 players mentioned. I don't care if North beat them by over 20 in both games, that is irrelevant now. What is relevant is that Jacob is running riot and Davis is filling his role as Robin.

Reply #2018 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawkes is a pretty agile fellow and would be a good defensive option on Holmes. I wouldn't rule out North at all -- they have more depth, more height with their guards. But Eastern are in form so I think that'll even things up. And I'd prefer to watch an Eastern-Woodville final because you're guaranteed a performance from Holmes in any game. You can't say the same about Hambour, McKay, Hawkes, etc.

Reply #2019 | Report this post

X_factor  
Years ago

I think North will win, but it is unfortunate because I think we would get a better GF if Eastern were to make it. Woodville are always going to be to big for North.

Reply #2024 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Well the winner of this game gets a crack at the Nationals, so that's more than enough incentive. North know Jacob is going to score 40+, maybe the key is to stop his teammates scoring around him?

Reply #2030 | Report this post

post D  
Years ago

North have way too much depth for eastern and with both mckay and hawkes playing eastern for the first time this year together jacobs gonna have to score 45+ to win this one.

Reply #2065 | Report this post

Ba Ba Black Sheep  
Years ago

Unless someone can hypothesize who and how the Rockets are going to stop Holmes, he could easily take this one over for 50+. Not easy to see how the Mavs could lose if that were the case.

I am predicting the Mavs in a canter. I think the Mavs have the patience and experience to overcome the trap the Rockets are known for at Hillcrest and with Trebilcock due for an impact game, the plot thickens.

If i had any doubts at all (which i dont) i think it will be crucial for North to run the trap efficiently to a point where they are forcing the Mavs to take rushed offences. This means tougher shots, less O boards and greater potential for easy transition for North.

Good luck to both teams and well done for making it this far... would be a shame not to make it to the Nationals from here :|

Reply #2067 | Report this post

post D  
Years ago

ba ba
are they the same traps north ran last time v eastern at hillcrest
where i watched the eastern guards spend most of the game passing the ball to spectators on court 2.hate to see what they are gonna do under finals pressure when it counts

Reply #2082 | Report this post

Ba Ba Black Sheep  
Years ago

Warhurst is a rock, Goodenough has played for longer then most point guards in the League and Holmes needs his pulse checked most of the time he is so calm. Yes they are the very same traps... What's different? This is FINALS and seasons are on the line.

Reply #2085 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

I would like to make a prediction!

Hawkes, McKay, and Hambour will choke under pressure....Again!

I have seen these 3 do it in 2 big games this year, and then after I saw the box score from last weeks game against Woodies i can foresee it happening again!

As put forth in my Hoops SA Awards, I believe that HAwkes will take out the Crumble Like Chalk Awards in 2004.

I am a visionary philosopher. My bags allow me 2 see into the future.

Reply #2118 | Report this post

oz bags  
Years ago

j bags,

I believe you will take out the 'most brain dead' award, as you obviously are under the influence of something, and talk absolute s**t (sorry, smack).

You show no respect to 36ers, nor to past Olympians, and you, of all poeple, should know box-scores rarely tell the whole story.

Your bags are clouded.

Reply #2189 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Ah sorry!

I don't believe that your comments are relivent to the threat please put forward some worthwhile information.

J Bags is the chosen one

Reply #2193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754