Anonymous
Years ago

Cost of a Basketball Court

Just doing some thinking about building my own house etc, and i've got some room out the back for a 1/2 sized basketball court.

What would it cost roughly to build say a half court sized court? Full floorboards, good rims etc too. Could do all my individual sessions there, and hire it out to other coaches etc to help recoup some of the cost.

Just wondering on prices more than anything else, and have no idea where to start.

Topic #26600 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

the beast are pretty good rims about 1000 + postage

Reply #335047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck getting that through council

Reply #335055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the lights/scoreboard work??? Will there be leaks if not, maybe BSA will be interested.

Reply #335075 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

no chance

Reply #335078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Andrew McLeod build a half-court basketball section in one of his properties?

Reply #335079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut has a full size court with attached gym etc at his house in Melbourne, maybe hit him up a twitter for an answer.

Reply #335099 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Just build it with concrete as wood will age unless you built it indoors and if you can afford that you woulnt be asking here.
Decent ring 1000+ I've got a 9*9mtr concrete court in my backyard and it's sweet. I have a spalding clear backboard cant remember exactly but it could be 56 inch backboard, 4inch steel post filled with concrete. Fully adjustable and can be hung on by 100kg person as tested.fully painted, just gotta do the lines been there for 5 years now and will be there in another 50 years.

It's amazing how people said I was crazy but when they come over everyone has a shot. People gravitate towards it.

Mine probably cost 5k for everything, ring concrete full netting behind the width of the court

Reply #335128 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Wooden floorboards outside?

Reply #335160 | Report this post

bj  
Years ago

Ask Geelong, Newcastle, West Sydney, Hobart or Brisbane, they may have a spare.

Reply #335189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:55 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754