Anonymous
Years ago

Cost of Individual/Group Coaching

How many coaches take individual training sessions now? I would say the number has doubled in recent times.

What do you charge for a 1 on 1 session, and what do you charge for a group session (2-5 kids)? Wanting to work out what the market rate is for my own sessions.

Topic #26601 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i do it for free cos i am a good bloke!

Reply #335053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do it for free mate unless your an nbl coach

Reply #335057 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

don't think you have to be a nbl coach to charge money. you are what you worth. just ask yourself how much would you pay to be coached by yourself 1 on 1. would you pay 20,40,100? it all depends what you can offer. kinda like personal training in fitness you know, there's bad trainers who charge jack but good 1s that'll break your pocket but see results.

Reply #335066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've got results and done it for free for years. I'm talking about getting kids to division one college as well. For my division one players all the way down to division five, whoever wants to put in work.

I've also seen scrubs charge $50 an hour.

Reply #335070 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I pay Americans $50 an hour and they have been great. Tell them what you want and they deliver.

Reply #335072 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

only thing kids should have to pay for is court time if a fee needs to be paid.
Do know of numerous coaches that get money for individuals.
Personally i do indy's because kids want to get better, so i try and help them achieve their goals.
Each to their own.
Try a limited fee to start with, then see what kind of results you get.

Reply #335077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$25-$30 an hour should be sufficient.
Personal Trainers charge similar rates for weight/cardio training, do similar in basketball terms.

Reply #335080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

free unless you wana be a professional coach in which case start a business or work for a basketball club, or a state body i.e. sa basketball & then you can be paid to coach.

i agree with one of the points above, the only thing that may be paid for is possibly court time.

as long as players are willing to put in, then do it for free

Reply #335083 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Free! Unless you've got your level 3 accred, played in the nba or at the olympics and actually have the skill to impart what you know.

Reply #335159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think if you approach the player to do an individual, they should just cover the cost of the court hire.

If they approach you, then I don't see anything wrong with charging $30-$40 per hour. For a group, I'd say $20-$25. When you consider how expensive it is my music lessons, or even other sports individual coaching, that's still a very good deal for the player. Coaches give up a lot of time for free, and some sort of compensation or gratitude in way of a payment is a small price to pay in appreciation.

Reply #335227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do any of youes know of coaches giving people individuals free or charge ???

Reply #335252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754