tim milera
Years ago

Who should take over Joey Wright when hes sacked?

Seems inevitable, could we look at someone fresh or some old meat?

Topic #26605 | Report this topic

another job for me to apply for

YES

Reply #335090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

after the mess with their last coach sacked early, taking them to court, and their current coach taking his previous employer to court for being sacked and winning his case, i dont believe he will be getting sacked any time soon

Reply #335092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol!tru

Reply #335093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goes to show you can look awesome when you have unlimited owners pockets to work with. But when u actually have to coach and be tactical, Joey has been exposed as just another basic coach.

Reply #335101 | Report this post

Should be Ed Palubinksas... he is available from all reports and wanted the job after Joyce was let go.

No doubt the new pick would be Pero Cameron which would be a step in the wrong direction. No more blow ins please!!!

We need a coach / salesman in the mould of Ken Cole / Brian Kerle and EP would fit the mould. EP currently working individaully with Dwight Howard and would be good for the the NBL.

Reply #335102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why does everyone write his name like that, is that an inside joke ?

Reply #335108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D Mac???

Reply #335110 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Hammer - he lives on the GC!

Reply #335117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't think it's entirely the coaches fault

what lost them the game against cairns was Cadee and Goulding jacking up fadaway 3pt shots when wortho was wide open on the wings and guys not doing the basic things like ball denial on a guy who's just drained a couple of threes, blaze need some level heads out there when the games get close

Reply #335121 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

why do people write joyce like j0yce

Reply #335124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

legal reasons

Reply #335130 | Report this post

Davoids  
Years ago

Substituting an O with a 0(zero) is a common Internet 'meme' you might call it.

I think it's just for fun.

Reply #335131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holy sh*t on a stick Joey Wright has sensationally been sacked as head coach of the Blaze.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/10/16/357695_wright-sensationally-sacked.html

Reply #335132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cheerz guys been wondering that too!

Reply #335136 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The coach has to take some responsibilty..
They are giving up 95.6ppg a game.
They are fading in the 3rd and 4th quarter and have been outscored 58-36 in the 4th quaters of both games.

This could be related to Wright's lack of defensive coaching and his continued focus towards offence, and his failure to get the Blaze into a physically fit state. (They all look terribly out of shape)

Reply #335137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too much drinking and partying in party town, joey has to take much of that hes a bad influence, too chummy with his players!

Reply #335143 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

a team like that, imo it's definitely the coach's fault. sometimes people says it's the players and blah blah but what's the coach suppose to be doing? making the right decisions during a game and practice to maximize the player's chance to win. maybe the ball shouldn't have been in those 2 hands etc.

as far as who after him? dmac is my pick

Reply #335146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought j0yce threatened legal action if his name was mentioned so everyone used the 0 instead of the o

Reply #335176 | Report this post

Brendon Joyce  
Years ago

Stop using my name or I WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION!!!

Reply #335185 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

Statman any truth ?

Reply #335282 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

To what Thomo?

- Joey under pressure - wouldnt think so at this stage

- A Former coach getting annoyed at his name being used on a forum, I guess thats plausible but I would have thought they would email the administrator rather than post here under their own name - which in turn brings more attention to themselves.

Reply #335285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pretty obvious who ever wrote that was just taking the piss and making a joke out of it, nothing more

Reply #335293 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joyce has called me a few times to threaten legal action - the 0 thing is automated. Doubt he'd post on here to complain and misspell his own name in two threads though.

One thing he wanted was for me to ban people using the term SoJ to describe his son...

Reply #335306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chuckled at every line you just wrote above isaac ;)

Reply #335312 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

why SoJ? someone please explain, sound something interesting.

Reply #335329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

joyce

Reply #335431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What an s0j.....

Reply #335442 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Son of Joyce. e.g., ridiculous to try to wipe that out.

Reply #335449 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754