Jack Toft
Years ago

G3 - Sixers v Kings

This game is a big game in anyone's language. Both teams are 0-2 and will be on a slipperly slope trying to catch a falling knife if they go 0-3. A bad start to the season means more trouble than a teenage boy in Bali wearing an "Adihash" t-shirt with a boogie board bag full of dope. Sydney, the pinup team of the NBL, find themselves with one hand out stretched towards this season’s wooden spoon after a whipping by the Breakers, but without the home crowd they may need to luxury of the 50:50 calls to remain competitive. Adelaide have been wandering in the wilderness over the last few seasons like a lost English tourist who thought he could get from Adelaide to Coober Pedy for morning tea.
Bottom line, both teams need a win to keep the morale of fans bouyant, or else they could end up like a container ship on a New Zealand reef.
Sydney have the big sneeze and Aaron Bruce, who has had a good couple of games first up. Madgen will have a couple of spectators in the crowd and should have another good game, then have time for a nice Sunday roast when he collects his washing.
Adelaide welcomes back Balls and the roar when he hits the court should be like a second earthquake in a week. Crosswell is still out for the home team and Diamon has had time to settle into his new team. If the Sixers play their cards right, do their rotations and matchups goodly, then the size of Mike Rann’s payout should pale into significance when compared against the result. Adelaide has the capacity to take Sydney on a fishing trip in St Vincent Gulf, chain them to an old stove, then toss the stove into the briney. The only question is, when the stove gets tossed overboard with 3 minutes of play remaining, has Adelaide tied the chain to their ankle by mistake?

Topic #26630 | Report this topic

Whitey  
Years ago

Simpson and Balls are going to be magic...

Reply #335527 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sixers by 8

Reply #335533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balls top scorer with 21, Simpson & Warren 16 and 6rs get their first W holding off a Kings last qtr surge to salute 93 - 88 ....

Reply #335541 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Sixers have to win!!!
With away games to Perth and NZ up next if they lose 0-5 is likely.

Also the away Perth game is the only 36er away game on TV until round 13, 30th December
Great scheduling

Reply #335543 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Wow the only weeks the Tigers aren't on TV is when they have a bye, play in NZ or play in Perth

May change if Patty heads back to the US I suppose.

Reply #335544 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I don't expect it to be pretty win or lose.

Reply #335560 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice lead-in Jack! While the Kings might be happy with the Big Sneeze, Sixers fans are dreaming of the coming of the great white handkerchief Friday night!

I think there's every chance Marty will have attached the chain to his teams ankles. Hopefully Rabbit will be quick enough to find Balls locked and loaded and ready to sever the links to the recent past!

Looking forward to an offensive feast between DJ and Khazzouh.

Sixers need Warren to continue his shooting form from last week, Diamon D from Simpson to keep Grant under control and Stevie Weigh Vaughan to put his shooting blues behind him.

Reply #335577 | Report this post

yanza  
Years ago

Simo guna destroy kazoh and chris warren 3 three pointers

Reply #335581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the interesting point is how many minutes will Ballinger actually play?

Reply #335621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who's in the starting line up for the 36s?

Reply #335624 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Id like to see a starting group of

Warren, Creek, Weigh, Simpson, Johnson

all playing 25 + mins each, as i think thats our best 5 at the moment with Ballinger backing up the bigs, Herbert backing up SG/SF and Daly backing up PG for say 5-10 mins while Crosswell is out. I would basically run that as our 8 man rotation and Helliwell and Ng just play a small cameo.

Given Creek seems to be playing better than Herbert and Ng, id like to see him start, he may not offensively have the ideal perimiter skills of SG but i think Weigh does and could essentially be the SG with Creek given the defensive job on the kings best small or could go head to head with Anatoly Bose, aslong as he defends well and hustles hard he has done his job and if he scores well like last game then thats a massive bonus.

Reply #335635 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think that group is a shooter short.

Reply #335636 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon Balls off the bench tonight

Reply #335639 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Stevie Weigh Vaughn...I like that Bean!

Reply #335640 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Jonno good line up there! With Herbert turning into the modern day Nash he should not be starting anymore as Creek is as good of a defender as him and can score inside.

Depending on how Ballinger is I would probably start him for positive energy reasons and go with the the following

Warren, Weigh, Simpson, Ballinger, Johnson

While the Sixers don't have the best defensive team we have a great offensive team and should aim to just pile on the points and get the win that way.

Reply #335651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought to play your shooters more now that Balls and Simpson are in the mix. It would mean that there wouldn't be as much help defence on the bigs and if they did help the shooters (Ng) would be left open to hit the 3.

Reply #335658 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Crosswell's absence may hurt the Sixers.

Warren, Ng, Herbert and Creek will need to work extremely hard to blunt the effectiveness of the Sydney guards, unless of course they bring their mis-guided and error prone performance of last week to the Arena.

Reply #335667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone confirm that this is on ABC Radio Adelaide, and if so, will this be available online? The NBL preview piece says it is on the radio, but ABC website doesn't seem to mention it.

Reply #335677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's on digital and on the web I think

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/schedule/grandstand.htm

Reply #335679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you. I hope it is!

Reply #335680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Maher doing the commentary on ABC radio.

Reply #335686 | Report this post

KD_35  
Years ago

So is it on One tonight??

Reply #335704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, it's on ABC Digital Radio, live at the stadium or not at all!

Reply #335705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's also on ABC Radio online, starts at 7:15pm

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/10/21/3345119.htm?site=adelaide

Reply #335706 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

Starting lineup Warren, Weigh, Creek, Simpson, Johnson.
Interesting starting 5. Hope they fire well. Good to see herbie come off the bench.
No crosswell either

Reply #335708 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Khazzouh is murdering us. We have missed a ton of easy shots from under the ring. Transition defense sux, too many stupid turnovers and decisions. Down 14 2:13 to go in the second.

Reply #335710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, you were spot on with chaining the stove

Reply #335752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754