pwned
Years ago

NBA players announce 2 Melbourne exhibition games

Several of the biggest stars in the NBA - including Kobe Bryant(notes), Amar'e Stoudemire(notes) and Kevin Durant(notes) – are finalizing a 10-day barnstorming tour across four continents, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As the 3½-month NBA lockout drags on, threatening to soon eliminate the entire first month of the regular season, the league’s most prominent players are scouring the globe for chances to earn income, market their brands and play the game.

The tour is set to start in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Oct. 30, and pushes onto London’s O2 Arena (Nov. 1 and 3); Macau, China (Nov. 5); and Melbourne, Australia (Nov. 8 and 9), sources said.

LeBron James(notes), Dwyane Wade(notes), Carmelo Anthony(notes), Chris Paul(notes) and Blake Griffin(notes) are also strong possibilities to participate, sources said.

Topic #26632 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Wow! I hope it's true!

Reply #335515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hope this (notes) guy can play

Reply #335517 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

wont happen.....

Reply #335520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr negativity ^

Reply #335522 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Is there a link to this?

Reply #335524 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Okay there is:

Link here

Reply #335526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Bogut play in this one??

Reply #335534 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Circus act suitable for fanbois only. My interest in sport is all about competition and the unknown outcome. Of course the better the athletes participating the more enjoyable the competition. So this will have the best athletes but zero competition.

Reply #335535 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Wonder how much tickets would cost???

Reply #335536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

occupy nba ? LOL

Reply #335537 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Is this the guy that is named in the article? If so doubt it will happen

http://panachereport.com/channels/hip%20hop%20gallery/BlackCelebritySwindler.htm

Reply #335538 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's set to start in 10 days, yet they only just announced it and only have 3 names signed on?

Something like this should be given time to be hyped up and advertised. Suppose with the uncertainty of the Lockout, it has to be fairly thrown together.

If it happens, I'll definitely look at driving down to Melbourne for a week to see it.

If Durant and Griffin are playing, I'd definitely want to be there.

Reply #335545 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Spare seat in the car Hendo?

Reply #335548 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

This will be right!!!!

I leave for East Coast of the US on the 30th October and will be departing NY on the 10th November.

Damn you to hell NBA players!

I had tickets booked for the Heat/Knicks Home Opener at MSG too. Fortunately Stub Hub didn't ask for payment until it was confirmed that the games were to happen.

Oh well, NHL (Rangers/Ducks) and NFL (Bills/Jets) instead.

Reply #335549 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

surely you would do it somewhere with a higher capacity stadium...

Reply #335552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I couldn't give a stuff about this, NBA all-star games have been terrible to watch for years now and this only threatens to be a few NBA all-stars against local ring ins.

Glorified And1 rubbish.

Reply #335555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

be good if they played against a nbl all star side

lets see based on the first few games
nbl all star team :

Martin
gill
mills
gibson
jackson
wortho
redhage
grant
kazz
wilkinson
saville
hill

Reply #335561 | Report this post

JackO  
Years ago

To those posting that you couldnt care less about this game if it came stating a lack of competition... I don't know how you can call yourself basketball fans.

I would pay money just to sit and watch half of these guys during a shoot around... and I'm a grown-ass man!

You say you love basketball, and these are the best guys at said sport. Exhibition or not.

Reply #335569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would still go but these guys are also half of the same reason why we have no nba right now. [and not really any nbl either]

Reply #335571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as it's exciting, the NBA lockout looks like it will be finished within the next week at the current looks of the negotiating status, they're really getting through things "apparently".

Reply #335579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes but that has happened to and fro a few times now. i for one wont be considering the lockout over or even close to it until they announce its over. it feels a little like the boy who cried wolf !

Reply #335580 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

There are so many NBA players that I would pay to watch train. They shouldnt worry about doing "allstar" games, fill the gaps with NBA role players and have a good competitive game. Would love to see guys like Wes Matthews, Nick Young and Serge Ibaka play. Just cause they arent allstars doesnt mean no one wants to see them play.

Reply #335582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they wont be going hard at it in the games to avoid injury i think we can all put our houses on that one.

Reply #335583 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

ESPN reported it's going ahead & more players have approached the organisers to join the tour as well.

Reply #336022 | Report this post

Antho  
Years ago

Who cares about the circumstances, it would be an awesome opportunity to see so many NBA stars so close to home.

If you like it go, if you don't then don't buy a ticket.

I hope it goes ahead, I'd certainly be going.

Reply #336373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was a scam from the very begining. Just shows how dumb some people are and how the social media can become a powerfull tool for spreading lies and con jobs.

Reply #336398 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Not scheduled for Rod Laver Arena and never was.

Reply #336405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It must be very interesting games....

www.maspresents.com

Reply #351415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754