Tiger Watcher
Years ago

Elvin Mims

Elvin Mims is the best "big" import to hit league in ten years!! Close second is Ira Clark!

Topic #26699 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

almost as good as jacob holmes ...

Reply #336837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gary Wilkinson is better than them both, so is Poqwll, Ballinger and Redhage who were all in last 10 years.

Reply #336838 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

btw thank you Adelaide so much for thinking Jacob Holmes was a dud! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Reply #336839 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

He was a dud here for many years. I wouldn't speak so soon about him, just see how he goes the next several games and how he goes when Schenscher is in the team. He will get less boards then and less points and will start forcing shots. If he ends up continuing to play well when Schenscher gets back then ill be happy to eat my words

Reply #336840 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

King James he'll have a great year cos he's now playing for a great coach!

Reply #336842 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

DJ Rod Amen to that! btw congrats on the coaching gig, bit weird seeing you on the end of the bench!

Reply #336844 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mims is good, I like him, does so many little unassuming things. Not sure he is quite in the 'best in a decade' category just yet though. WOuld like to see a bit of him and Holmes together as 3 and 4 when Schenscher is back.

I see Adelaide and Perth both went a bit bigger on Friday night with Creek and Tovey as SGs, NZ have been doing it a little bit too, Cairns have a taller lineup with Hill and Warren on the wings, could be a year where teams exploit the three guard rotations in patches.

Reply #336851 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm glad he's playing well for the Crocs because he's a good guy, but in the end we were never going to win anything at the Sixers with him playing power forward, so I'm quite happy we've moved on. Diamon is looking good and is a better fit next to the offence-focused Balls and DJ IMO.

Reply #336852 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

And yes, Mims is a good pickup, but not the best in a decade. Not even the best this year - I think Wilko is still the best import at this stage.

Lets not forget Chris Williams and Willie Farley either!

Reply #336853 | Report this post

Bball Fan  
Years ago

DJRod.....Coaching gig??

Reply #336877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754