Hoops
Years ago

Joey and the Blaze

Surley they are under the pump!! 2 Boomers and great Aussie talent and still cant get it done.

Topic #26714 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed

Reply #337090 | Report this post

rillie rillie  
Years ago

Wright cant recruit. Never has a centre and goes through 3/4 imports per year.

Reply #337091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tomlinson dont care he loves wright and is still an improvement on the previous coach. tomlinson i reckon would also have in the back of his mind that they have to keep wright for his whole contract or else face legal action for the second time in as many years. just goes to show how dumb he is to terminate a 4 year contract of one under performing coach then immediately sign another for just as long. stupid people deserve stupid situations they put themselves in,imho.

Reply #337093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol

at the end of the season when the blaze finish top 2
everyone will be saying how they never doubted them ...

Reply #337096 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

on a seperate Blaze related matter, can anyone explain to me why goulding is so badly inconsistent. I have always liked the guy and think at the start of every season this will be his break out season, but he just has serious moments of nothing, and then a great game then back to nothing. can anyone elaborate?

Reply #337097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon that the point they should be top 2!!!

Reply #337098 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

SRT070 - do you know how many nightclubs and girls there are on the gold coast ??

Reply #337101 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Valid point. i guess his good games are the ones when he isnt hung over?

Reply #337105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely you can spell.

Reply #337111 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

...and don't call me Shirley

Reply #337114 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

i dropped goulding out of my dream team.

Reply #337118 | Report this post

rillie rillie  
Years ago

Can Garlepp cut it in the nbl? I think not atm.

Reply #337121 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

GCB have the same scenario as the Sixers right now. The talent pool says they should be better than they are.. but they aren't.

SRT070, I'd have to agree with you on Goulding; the guy in an absolute gun as a shooter and personally I like the agreesive playstyle, but he's always going to be one of those "Melo" guys where he will be the best scorer in the league provided he takes 20-30 shots per game.

Reply #337124 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Big Marty, GB has 2 Boomers their talent run a bit deeper than the 36ers. 36ers are a team being developed, you only need to look at the starters against Perth.GB should be ready to challenge the big boys.

Reply #337125 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Hoops, I'd have to disagree with you regarding the depth of talent off the bench. The Sixers have some veteran players coming off the bench; and the "Boomers" in question are bench warmers for that team.

I stick by my guns and say that you can have all the talent you want, but if they don't get utilized properly on the court and in rotation, then you won't get the best out of them.

Considering the Blaze have been swapping imports every 4 weeks and half their team has been off due to injury, I'd classify the Blaze as "developing" still.

Reply #337128 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I have never really rated Goulding, I know he can shoot, but he is such an inefficient player. I think he is destined for a Darren Ng like career as a bench shooter, which is a shame as he clearly has the talent to be so much more.

Maybe a change in coach will awake the blaze, they definitely have contending talent.

Reply #337129 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Goulding is capable of going to the rack and creating his own shot which NG is unable to do.

Reply #337131 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

The Blaze have got a few problems at the moment.

I think they have too many mid-sized bigs and no-one to defend the rim. That weakness is made more glaring by the complete lack of footspeed in the backcourt. Although Gibbo has decent speed, Harvey and Goulding struggle laterally and are going to give up penetration to a lot of opponents.

I actually think Harvey and Goulding get in each others way a bit. Both are good scorers, but they are also volume scorers, who need a lot of touches to really get going.

They need more from Petrie, who may yet take a little while to recapture his old form.

Lastly, Wortho seems to be in a shooting funk right now and that is hurting them too.

Reply #337136 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Big Marty, the 36ers have no Boomers. Gibson starts at the 1 or 2 with Mills. Wortho plays good minutes off the for the Boomers.

Reply #337160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Blaze have far more talent than the 36ers, dont be silly.

Reply #337178 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I don't think its as simple as 'the Blaze have more talent because they have 2 Boomers to none for the Sixers'.

Sure, Gibson and Harvey is better than Warren and Ng or Herbert, but Crosswell is far better than Cadee. Deleon we haven't seen much of yet, but it would be surprising if he is a star given his background.

But look at the bigs: Wortho is the best big on either team, but after that the Sixers are ahead I reckon. Balls isn't as good as Wortho, but once again, he is better than every other Blaze big. I think Simpson v Hudson is at best a draw for the Blaze and may slightly favour the Sixers. DJ has not yet proved to be a consistent gun, but he clearly has far more ability than any Blaze big man not named Wortho.

With the small forward position, its basically Weigh and Creek v Goulding. Goulding is probably the best shooter of the three, but he is still very inconsistent and I would take Weigh over him at this point because he is not as one dimensional. Give it a couple of years and I suspect Creek will be better than both.

So I would say that the Blaze have more talent than the Sixers in the backcourt, but everywhere else I think the Sixers have a slight talent advantage.

Reply #337201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a change in coach will not change much i don't believe, maybe initially, but if anything is to change it's the surrounding scenery that has to go, and you can't change the gc !

Reply #337225 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I'm sick of Wothos whinging. Get off the refs. It's shit 4 him & the game. Goorgian would not let that happen...

Reply #337440 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

if they can't handle the distraction at GC then its coach's problem to discipline his team. imagine Lakers in Hollywood! now that's real distraction

Reply #337452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho is no go to guy. They need everyone stepping up. Petrie getting fit is going to be a big one.

Reply #337456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mk that only works IF the coach actually takes responsibility for the problem,rather than participating in the problem himself ?

Reply #337462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone see the GC Bulletin today?
Not online but a story that Owen Tomilson (the owner) went to training yesterday and ripped into the players about there start to season.
Hmmm!! Not all well there!!!

Reply #337517 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's what Vlahov did at Perth a few years ago and they went on to turn their season around.

Reply #337524 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754