N D Smith
Years ago

Breakers cut Corey Webster

NZ newspapers reporting that Breakers have terminated next seasons contract with Cory Webster. Were originally going to keep him in the fold so the Board told him to come up with a plan to get his shi* sorted, but obviously his contract didn't mean enough to him as he couldn't show how he was going to sort himself out.

Good call I say, Corletto is a better team fit and better for Breakers family brand.

Topic #26756 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Good call from the Board in my opinion.

Corletto is a great addition; I can see him staying in NZ for a few more seasons certainly.

Was a great article in the NZ Herald newspaper (i think it was) that said he loved Auckland, loved the lifestyle and was living right by the beach on the nort shore.
Maybe all the Breakers need is the Northen Mystics ANZ Championship team to pick up his wife in the near future to cement Corletto's position to stay at the club.

What do people think are the chances of Webster getting a contract back next season (He has a 1 year ban)?
Surely other ANBL teams aren't that willing to sign him after the events that transpired.

Reply #337964 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers have not ruled out Webster returning once he has shown he can stick to team protocol and rules and earned their trust back. He f#@ked it for himself, no one else to blame so now he needs to suck it up and deal with the consequences of his poor decision making.
Corletto>Webster

really happy to have him in the team, great fit on and off the court and who wouldn't enjoy playing for a team that is winning games.

Reply #337991 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"It's a fair decision from the Breakers," said Webster. "They gave me a chance when I failed my first drugs test. They've been fair and told me they're going to support me over the next 10 months (of his ban) and said when I do my training I can still use the facility."

rest of article:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/5946731/Corey-Webster-won-t-blame-Breakers-for-sacking

Breakers organization showing how well they look after their players even if the player f#@ked it for himself.

Reply #338305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:04 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754