negyven_negy
Years ago

Forget 'being like Mike' - I wanna be like Gilbert

Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards is the most underrated player in the NBA. He gets nowhere near the recognition he should for the skills that he has and the things he does off the court in the Washington community. He is trully a great role model on and off the court for any basketball player, anywhere, and I think he should be the guy everyone likes and aspires to play like, as opposed to Allen Iverson or even LeBron James.

Topic #2677 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

paul pierce is your man!

Reply #30174 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Paul Pierce is good, but he's always looked as though his dog just died when Antoine Walker was away.

Reply #30271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you then saying that if in charge of a team you would prefer to have Gilbert Arenas before Lebron James or Allen Iverson, a little far fetched me thinks!!

Arenas is a plays great, but Lebron and AI are Great players

Reply #30294 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Gilbert Arenas is a great player and a great person as well, as far as I can tell. He does a lot for kids in the local Washington community and is a real great role model for any young basketball player I think. I like how he plays and how he is a as a person. He is averaging around 25, 5 and 5 this season AND his team is gonna make the playoffs AND not a bad thing or controversy has been made about him AND he's only 23, so he could reach Iverson's status soon as well. The only reason he hasn't is because he's not as 'gangsta' and doesn't have that 'street cred' like A.I.

Reply #30300 | Report this post

Kevin Duncna  
Years ago

Gilbert Areans is my favorite player. He is a pure class point guard, and plays with heart. He is very unselfish and i would choose hi minstead of Iverso and LeBron because Iverso nis getting old and LeBron is too cocky and arrogant and i prefer Gil o nmy roster at starting point guard over anyone. If had a roster it would look like this: Maybe the only player i would have on point guard other than Gil would be DWade, a smiliar player and guard like GA, if only DWade could play at SG better. That combo would be amazing.
If had a roster it would look like this:
C Tim Duncan 21
PF Amare Stoudemire 32
SF Josh Howard 5
SG Tracy McGrady 1
PG Gilbert Arenas 0

Reply #40896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754