';'
Years ago

Fines @ Pasadena

Just a warning to all basketball people who go to Pasadena. Police were handing out fines for drivers that were coming off Daws Road and cutting diagonally across to get into car park coming from the west. $370 fine so please be aware that they are around. It was an expensive basketball game on Wedneaday for some. I think everyone has done this at least once.

Topic #26773 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

What a bunch of pricks! It's not like it's busy there on a weeknight. In the end the biggest culprits are the idiots who don't allow a direct turn there out of school pickup hour. Thanks to Pasadena stadium for the warning tho. I have passed it on to my team!

Reply #338325 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Guilty of this every week. Thanks OP.

Reply #338330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats more. $15K has been put aside by DECS and the local council to fix the problem. But it hasnt been done yet.

Reply #338341 | Report this post

#  
Years ago

all they have to do is move the island back 5-10 metres.

there are more chances of being rear ended turning left into the gate than that diagonal move.

Reply #338351 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ah, revenue raising at its finest!

If the consequence for this was 4 hours community service picking up rubbish, would the cops still be there?

I have been informed by a traffic officer that they are required to achieve 120 traffic infringement notices per month or they face a stern talking too. At $370 per pop, that's $44,400/month or $532,800/yr. The state government claims the revenue raised from TINs goes to road improvements. Judging by the standard of the roads, it seems the SA drivers must be behaving themselves.

Why would SAPOL not want to be there again tonight picking off easy targets?

Reply #338352 | Report this post

#  
Years ago

or the diagonal move getting out of the stadium around the island to turn r to go back up goodwood rd. is a risk for a rear ender.

either close the break in the strip off or align it with a high use gate - although if you can cut directly across both lanes to turn right to go north goodwood road - it will increase traffic accident risk - IMO - as you will have to make sure both L and R lanes are clear at once and then check R again as cars turn right heading west off goodwood rd quickly.

I suggest - move island back to allow turns directly in off daws rd - but do not allow r turns out of the stadium - so it will need a slip lane.

if anyone has to go north on goodwood or get onto springbank rd - they should turn L from the stadium and go up and do a U turn - that would be safest rather than a R turn across busy lanes near cars turning quickly off goodwood rd

widen the gate as well - can cause congestion and cars sitting stranded on a main rd when waiting for gate to clear.

Reply #338353 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Pasadena knew about it and was advised by Police Department to advise people who use centre either for Miniball and social nights,but didnt bother,it wasnt their concern whatsoever.Pasadena organisation is pathetic with their control of basketball etc etc.

Reply #338359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you had a smart police force they might catch real criminals and as crooks run the world, the type of force we have is a no brainer.

Reply #338398 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nothing like a $250-350 fine for a basic infringement (turning left during certain hours into a barely-used street in my case a while back) to throw you squarely into the "revenue raising cops" camp. Real shame.

Reply #338404 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Anyone cutting across diagonally is breaking the law, and if you get caught, stiff.

Easiest way to not pay a traffic fine.....dont break the law.

Every traffic fine is a voluntary tax, that only the driver of a vehicle makes the decision on paying or not.

And yes, I have made a recent $480 contribution myself.

And no, I am not a cop. Just someone who has spent many, many, many hours cleaning up results of bad driver decisions and seeing the absolute worst sort of stuff that a human being can ever see.

Reply #338432 | Report this post

george  
Years ago

Fix the riads first.

Reply #338641 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

The only REAL solution is clearly an overpass.

thank you

Reply #338809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754