KG
Years ago

Wolves for Finals??

Has anyone been following the NBA finals race lately? I have a feeling Minnesota may sneak in to the 8th Western Conference spot. A couple of days ago, Minnesota needed to win their last 5 games and Memphis needed to lose their last 6 for the T-Wolves to make it. Memphis are currently losing their 4th in a row, and the Timberwolves have 3 games left to win.

Minnesota's Run: Monday(our time): vs Seattle, Tuesday: @ New Orleans, Thursday: vs San Antonio

Memphis' Run: Today: @ San Antonio(losing), Tuesday: vs San Antonio, Thursday: vs Dallas

What do other people think will happen?

Topic #2680 | Report this topic

Degenerate  
Years ago

Well I ahve been following, the T-Wolves understand that this is the last chance and have shocked many being this close to getting into the finals, Memphis may lose, but i think the T-Wolves may make it, which would be pretty cool

Reply #30152 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I don't think that the t-wolves can make it. They are making a good run at it but the grizzles couldn't lose every single one of there last bunch of games could they, even if they do I don't think the wolves cant win all of there last three games. They have two tuff games left against Seattle and the Spurs so I think that they will drop one of them to put them out of the race.

Reply #30159 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

do they want to make it? it would be good to get in but the draft pick would be better as they are going to deal players or draft and rebuild.

Reply #30163 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Would be very surprised if the T-Wolves get wins out of seattle and spurs, they will drop one of those games.

Reply #30180 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Who wants the Wolves, but the Nets with vintage Vince would be great against Miami. Cavs Lebron great, team stinks.

Reply #30181 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

As great a player as Kevin Garnett is, I would much rather see the Memphis TEAM in the NBA Playoffs. This would also mean less of the boring (this season anyway) Timberwolves on ESPN, because there is too much of them!

Reply #30228 | Report this post

KG  
Years ago

Minnesota lost to Seattle today 94-109. All over for the Timberwolves.

Reply #30340 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Now that the Wolves are offically gone from the post season, what should Kevin McHale be doing to the Wolves.........my one and only suggestion

1) Trade the whole team bar KG.

Seriously, Kandiman was a bust, yes he was injured but damn... he's also a No 1 lottery pick... he was bust before he went to the Wolves and he's still a bust now.

Get rid of Cassell, too old to be running with the kids, plus would never accept a back-up position. Head like ET, Marketing management nightmare. This man has a head like a smashed crab!!!!!!!

Tell Spree to feed his family somewhere else. If his family can't survive on $14 million a year, then start feeding your kids spagetti-o's and spam...... Damn, he only has 6 kids, plus his missus, he ain't feeding Africa!!!

Wally, I think Wally would look good in a Knicks or Bulls uniform. Ain't the happy tandem with KG, and with a stud like KG, KG gets what he wants....

I like the potential of Eddie Griffin, he's cleaned up his act, so he can stay... huge upside

Ervin Johnson......to old.... but if he wants the minimum, well then a servicable back-up

Hassell and Hudson, surely they can get a better point guard combo than this. Their last game they only both registered 1 assists. They are both pretty cheap, so until Kevin can land Kidd then they will do.

Keep Hoiberg, every team needs a honky white boy 3 point shooter. Seems to be the flavour of the month.

Now with Spree's $14 million per year meal allowance I would be looking at Z from the Cavs. He's a nice double-double and won't impact too much on KG.

The Wolves are looking at the lottery, so pending on their ping pong balls, then then I would be looking at either a PG, SG.....hell, I would be looking at anyone that doesn't impact KG. Possible picks for the Wolves could be Danny Granger, a nice SF, High Schooler Antoine Wright, Channing Frye (lit up the NCAA) or Mc Cants. I would be going Frye and Granger if available and then McCants.

The second round pick would be...........they don't have one....

Next year could be another lean year of the Wolvers....Da Kid won't be happy with a rebuild.

Reply #30425 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Opps, my stuff up, the Wolves do have a second rounder....only Kevin know's how that could be..... any guesses???

Reply #30426 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

O...M...G

How the hell did my nets make the top 8. And then to top it off RJ might be making an early return!!
Thats what we are missing in the team at the moment.

If we got RJ back and with Kidd getting named player of the month because of all his Triple doubles, and Carter kept scoring 35 - 40+ a game we would have a nice chance. I mean heat are in probably their weakest form since start of season at the moment. There is still a chance!

As for T-Wolves i was hoping for them to make it and i still think they got a chance, Memphis have still got 2 hard games to go, minnesota have New orleans for one of theirs. But we will wait and see

Reply #30489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's not a chance new jersey will even come close to the heat. With RJ back they have a good backcourt, but shaq will eat whoever they play against him. sweep all the way!!

Reply #30500 | Report this post

KG  
Years ago

its impossible for minnesota to make it. they can only tie with memphis on 44-38, and memphis won the season series 3-1.

Reply #30517 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Well the Wolves are officially out now after losing yesterday. But we still have to endure another boring Spurs-Wolves matchup on ESPN Thursday. I will watch though only because Manu and Tony are exciting. The rest are boring.

Reply #30525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754