Anonymous
Years ago

2012 AIS basketball scholarship holders announced

Stacker's picking from all different age groups, good to see Ben Simmons going so early!
who is Lual Acuil and Jaecob SNOW

http://www.ausport.gov.au/news/ais_news/story_461440_2012_ais_basketball_scholarship_holders_announced

A full list of the 2012 AIS Men's and Women’s Basketball scholarship holders is attached. A number of additional scholarships are yet to be confirmed and will be announced in the near future.

Lual ACUIL (WA)
Matthew ANDRONICUS (NSW)*
Joshua DERKSEN (QLD)*
Mirko DJERIC (NSW)*
Andrija DUMOVIC (NSW)
Dante EXUM (VIC)*
Darcy HARDING (NSW)*
Emmett NAAR (NSW)
Owen ODIGIE (VIC)*
Ben RICHMOND (TAS)*
Benjamin SIMMONS (VIC)
Jaecob SNOW (QLD) *
Cade TOWERS (QLD)*
Lachlan WINTER (VIC)*

HEAD COACH: Ian Stacker
ASSISTANT COACH: Paul Goriss
SCHOLARSHIP COACH: Mathew Neason

Women

Louise BROWN (VIC)
Mikhaela DONNELLY (QLD)*
Darcee GARBIN (WA)*
Tiana MANGAKAHIA (QLD) *
Carley MIJOVIC (VIC)*
Casey SAMUELS (NSW)*
Stephanie TALBOT (SA)
Carly TURNER (VIC)

HEAD COACH: Phil Brown
ASSISTANT COACH: Kristy Flores

Graduating athletes (15 February 2012)

Rebecca ALLEN (VIC)
Sara BLICAVS (VIC)
Alexandra BUNTON (ACT)
Rebecca COLE (VIC)
Rosie FADLJEVIC (VIC)
Madeleine GARRICK (VIC)
Tessa LAVEY (VIC)
Olivia THOMPSON (SA)

*Returning scholarship holders

Topic #26808 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still no SA Boys!!! Has there ever been a time since AIS/NITP started that there has been so few SA reps over 2-3 yrs at the AIS as there has been in the past couple of yrs????

Reply #338805 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Reply #338806 | Report this post

Years ago

i would have thought that one of the Daly's wouldve gotten in

Reply #338807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Simmons from VIC is only going into year 10 next year, he must be the youngest surely

Reply #338808 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

questions still there about SASI and what it does to get players to the next level?

Who on the current tour would be next in line??

Reply #338811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It does! It makes sure they have a chance of getting asked out to Sturt!

Reply #338812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daly isnt as good as all the hype that's about him

Reply #338817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know anything about Lual Acuil and Jaecob SNOW (height, position, style of play)

Reply #338835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing Snow is an informer ...

Reply #338844 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Lual Acuil- if i'm thinking of the same guy- 6'7/8 african boy, who has some game but also some arrogance. Can play the 5 spot and solely the 5 spot. Good luck to him though!

Reply #338849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Alex Wilson heard she was definitely going but not on list. Any news?

Reply #338856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know how Jaecob Snow got in there, is a player who cant even hack it in the div 1 leagues up here in Queensland.

Reply #338874 | Report this post

hooper112  
Years ago

whos lachlan winter

Reply #338903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lual or Joe Acuil is about 6-9 or 6-10. Very raw kid from East Perth in WA. He has improved a lot over the last two years and looks to be a potential choice more than anything (think he is still 16 or something?) Would probably struggle to make the WA under 18 or 20 sides.

Reply #338975 | Report this post

Big reno  
Years ago

who is jaecob snow???? how old is he??

Reply #339189 | Report this post

BALLER  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZW-CXj-JQ&feature=channel_video_title

Reply #340895 | Report this post

Rosco  
Years ago

First Australian kid to win a state championship in the U.S., started varcity basketball as a sophomore, junior and senior in the U.S., MVP of 5 star basketball camp , MVP of San Diego vs. Riverside All Star game, ranked 1rst in the state of California in the Long Jump and 3rd in the U.S. and not to mention many, many D1 scholarship offers in basketball and track and can't compete "hack it" in lil ole Brisbane D1 club ball, yeah right give me a break -hater, he's proven internationally, are you!

Reply #347375 | Report this post

Rosco  
Years ago

Jaecob Snow is the first Australian kid to win a state championship in the U.S., and his team ranked amongst the top 20 best teams in U.S. high school basketball Max Preps, started varcity basketball as a sophomore, junior and senior in the U.S., MVP of 5 star basketball camp , MVP of San Diego vs. Riverside All Star game, ranked 1rst in the state of California in the Long Jump and 3rd in the U.S. and not to mention many, many D1 scholarship offers in basketball and track and can't compete "hack it" in lil ole Brisbane D1 club ball, yeah right give me a break -hater, he's proven internationally, are you!
Response to Anonymous:
Last year
10:31 15 Nov 11

Reply #347376 | Report this post

Jaecob Snow can play guys , i saw him first hand at Hibiscus pickup games on Saturday.....one word...ups....

Reply #348968 | Report this post

Shane  
Years ago

Yeah guys Jaecob Snow can go,ridiculous bunnies, jumpshot,great offensively and what i like best about him is his D.

Reply #349794 | Report this post

Oh forgot the height stuff , he is about 6'0"" pg , quick dunked on this guy in half court pick up game without effort

Reply #353341 | Report this post

Moyo Naboth  
Years ago

I am writing this letter applying for a basketball scholarship,I have played international basketball for boys at the african junior championships representing Zimbabwe for two years now.

I am sixteen years of age currently representing the capital city(Harare).I have currently finished my ordinary level course at St Johns Emerald High School.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

Mr N Moyo

Reply #383708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754