Anonymous
Years ago

Ballinger & Crosswell Live Chat - Midday Wed 16th

Great work by Adelaidenow for making this happen:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/ers-captains-noon-live-chat/story-e6frect3-1226194834690

Topic #26820 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You can now catch a 'replay'/transcript of the chat. A few bits that I thought were most interesting below. I think Balls presents very well in a format like this.

On the fixed rotations fans always gripe about:

Dylan, watching from the crowd, a lot more is made of it than when you're playing. People think he has a rotation agenda but he doesn't. There's no set number of minutes.
On criticism of the team's defence:
NC: I think its completely warranted. giving up 99 pts in a 40-min game gives people a right to question that. Now it comes down to fixing the problem. Giving up 20 offensive rebs in a game is not going to help you at the defensive end one little bit.
On giving up O boards:
NC: Yes. Its been a massive focus at training tis week. we've watched a lot of fil;m, we've talked about it, we've practised against it and now it's a matter of being men and getting it done.
AB: It's not about lack of preparation. Its a matter of execution on court
Asked about Boti's article today and whether Crosswell was overplayed:
AB: Well, he's typing with a black eye right now lol.
The statistics of the article aren't anything we're unaware of, although i think the blame needs to be shared by the players and not just the coaching staff.
NC: Yes, read the article. Having come off the injury and not training much for a month, 35 was probably a few too many, yes. Overtime probably made it a few more than what it really might have been.
Asked about chemistry:
Everyone gets along so "not playing for each other' - nothing could be further from the truth. As far as the team building goes, we haven't really done a lot, we must admit. It's hard to fit bonding in when you're losing. We have to definitely look into it but winning is our current priority.
Some of our problem is executing what the coaches have put in place. It's not that they're wrong, it's us not getting it done properly.
Balls asked about playing SF:
Scott, the short answer is "no". I'm a 4-5. You look at the athletic ability of 3s and no. I've never played 3 at any level. I like it that way. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll see what the coaches have to say!
On why Diamon didn't play more minutes against Sydney:
Diamon almost got knocked out when he got knocked to the ground. he had his chin re-stitched. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with a Plan A or B Matt.

Plus lots more - worth hitting the link from anon above and reading through.

Reply #339041 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac!

Reply #339045 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754