A.W
Years ago

Who will be Patty's Replacement?

Most people seem to think it is going to be a big man, so an obvious place to start is with Tim Lang as he is training with the Tigers. Ben Knight would also be another solid option.

I am one of those people who wants a big man, Trigger needs help and Burston tweaking his Hamstring earlier this week just reminds us how injury prone he is. It will also allow Liam Rush to slide to the 3 spot.

If they want another PG, Shane McDonald would be a fantastic back up to Ubaka.

Topic #26867 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I would get Knight or someone like that. They are wasting Rush at PF.

Ubaka/Dillon
Dorsey/Lewis
Rush/Walker
Greer/Knight
Tragardh/Burston

I'm assuming it's too late for them to adjust payments they put on to 2012/2013 (to fit Patty in)?

Reply #339579 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

At least we will see other teams on TV now

Reply #339582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TV fixture was set pre season, patty less tigers on ONE everyweek!!

Reply #339583 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Doubt the TV schedule will be changing.

They should sign Corletto ........

Reply #339584 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think it will be a guard.

What about Kyrie Irving?!

Reply #339585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane McDonald deserves ago, he was a class act in the SEABL GF.

Reply #339590 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Depends whether they want to adjust their game plan by bringing in a big (aren't that many great options in bigs anyway), or if they want to keep going with the structure they have which has been pretty effective.

Bigs there is Lang, Knight, Mottram, Behrendorff, Sturt, Majok?.
Guards there is Kendall, Tait, Dickel.

Either way It's going to leave a hole in their lineup.
Ubaka, Dorsey and Dillon could refind their form and they could be just as well off, but I doubt it.

Reply #339594 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

BOGUT.. Shamus will put up the insurance money..

Reply #339595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if there looking for another PG i reckon re signing corey homicide williams would work well if he was serious last year when he was talking about becoming a citizen. But i agree a bigman would probebly be the best option for a team lacking in height.

Reply #339600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Behrendorff injured, Majok in Europe, Homicide is an import and they already have two.

Reply #339602 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Hendo, I predict that Ubaka, Dillon and Dorsey will be a lot more effective with Mills out of the team freeing up a lot more shots to share around.

Reply #339607 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

No doubt they will be better, but by enough to not worry about Mills missing?

Reply #339612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussie Kyrie

Reply #339613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The tigers will suck without patty.. they rely on him so much!

Reply #339615 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Tigers will be fine, Ubaka will run the point and Dillon is dope and will get more court time. Dorsey will get to touch the ball more and will come right.

Reply #339619 | Report this post

Wozman  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to Dan Dillion putting together some bigger minutes in a starting role - has been mainly an energy/impact player off the bench for the tigers/taipans. Doesnt make too many bad decisions or take many bad shots, very quick, good defensively and can back up Ubaka at PG if needed.

Reply #339622 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think the Tigers will be fine. Mills dominates the ball so much that it affected the game of Ubaka and Dorsey. They'll both come good with the additional touches they'll get.

Reply #339624 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

i think they should sign Tim Lang, he is clearly the future of australian basketball. he would destroy all other bigs in the comp. kazzouh doesnt stand a chance against Lang

Reply #339631 | Report this post

Boom  
Years ago

Burston only tweaked his hammy last week. What is the excuse from him not playing up until then?? Gleeson seems to want to run with a small team. So signing another big would be a waste of time and money as they probably wont get to play.

When Burston has recovered, I think playing him and Tragardh more would be interesting to watch.

Reply #339634 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

As per other post sponsor to pay premium! bogut will be spoken to!

It's the talk of the Melbourne insurance market today!

Reply #339637 | Report this post

yanza  
Years ago

they will be fine they never needed mills he just makes them a better scoring team from three. as well they are a better clutch team with him spreading the floor.

Reply #339677 | Report this post

If they are going for a guard there is a good chance it will be CJ MASSINGALE but really Ubaka and Dorsey can get the job done so the Tigers can save some money if they want ......Shane McDonald would be an excellent addition to the team but he has a good day job and most likely he is not going to give that up without a longer term contract .

Reply #339684 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

CJ Massingale would be an import, they won't be cutting Ubaka or Dorsey.

I think McDonald is a good chance, he is a teacher at a sports school, I am sure that they would be flexible and allow him to pursue the playing oppurtunity if it was offered to him.

Reply #339689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Tigers are in negotiations with Bogut...

Reply #339733 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

aj ogilvy supposedly

Reply #339984 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Tiger Watcher - pretty sure Bogut's insurance issues won't be sorted locally.

Maybe Allianz can give a 10% discount of he insures his home and contents as well?

Reply #339990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754