got the fever
Years ago

Erin and Laura next few weeks?

can anyone tell me when Laura goes - and for how long?

and with Erin being drafted - does she go as well to the camp?

the WNBA season begins late may

Topic #2687 | Report this topic

got the fever  
Years ago

ex conn sun page --

Quotes on Sun Second Round Pick, Erin Phillips (Australlia)

On being in shock after being drafted:

"&I'm actually going into training camp with a few different ideas for this year. But yeah, I was very surprised."

On her style of play:

"Bascially, I love the physical sides of the game. I love to run the ball up the floor, I like a quick tempo game. I like to play tough defense and I just enjoy the game, all around."

On how much she talked to Mike Thibault in Australia:

"That's funny because I only ran into him once and that was at one of my home games in Adelaide. I just basically met him and he told me a bit about his program. (The Sun) sounded like a really good club. He seemed like a really good guy and (the Sun) seemed like a fantastic club as well."

Coach Thibault on Erin Phillps:

"Erin Phillips is a keeper. I think she's really good. She's 19, she turns 20 in the first week of the season. She's been in the pro league in Australia for a couple of years. She has competed and played against a lot of WNBA players in our league at her position. You are talking a bout a kid who in their playoffs had 40 point and 7-or-8 rebound game. She averaged almost 9 rebounds per game as a guard. She's an improving shooter and we're excited to get her in here."

Reply #30215 | Report this post

got the fever  
Years ago

looks like we can get the sun games via internet streaming

there is a stion WTMI-1290 CRN that has streaming that covers all of the conneticut sun (home?)games

Reply #30258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754