Anonymous
Years ago

Kings reviewing Robilliard's position after loss

Can the kings please fire Moose and get Dickel back. He was coaching last year and playing. Just get him to coach. He has already been an international head coach. And he knows the majority of the guys there and they all respect him

Topic #26888 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The club is holding a review in the aftermath of the Cairns loss:

The Kings committee chairman Max Schroder said players' positions on the roster and the positions of the coaching staff will be included in the review.

Bizarrely, Robilliard and assistant coach Tim Hudson are among the group conducting the assessment, but Schroder said he has full confidence the coaching staff will walk away if they believe they are no longer the men for the job.

The Kings have had a turbulent start to the 2011/12 season with three wins from eight games on top of their wooden spoon first season back in the competition.
Full article

Reply #339854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather interesting (or bizarre) that Moose is doing the actual review... Gives an insight into the power structure/ownership there doesn't it.. May also go some way to explain why he got the gig in the first place and is still there.

Reply #339856 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Although, being part of the review could mean they are taking some part in it, rather than overseeing it.

Reply #339857 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yes, since it's not just the coaching staff, but a player review as well, despite the comment along the lines of "I'm sure he'll step down if he thinks he's at fault" (which is rubbish, throughout all this rubbish, he's never once raised his hand to take any level of blame) hopefully he's just on board to review player-related stuff...

Honestly, if he doesn't get the axe after this, the Kings management really need to pull their heads in... or out of somewhere...

Reply #339858 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It would be a little difficult to see this as an Adelaide fan without considering Clarke's position. Cairns won in Sydney. Sydney thrashed us in Adelaide and then snuck that second win too. Maybe there are rumblings of player discontent in Sydney that there aren't in Adelaide?

Reply #339862 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Carfino should coach them so we only have to hear his voice every second time out.

Reply #339864 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I don't think there's any player discontent here.
Wade Helliwell is the hardest worker and goes at them pretty hard. Weigh is Clarke's best player.
Last Season - Hill seemed to take it pretty well
having to do pushups for a wrong pass.
Clarke n Howard didn't like each other.
Somedays the team were great , others a little too stiff.
Things are pretty good out there , now.
A months hard work , training well , but unable to get it together on game nites , until Sat v Mel.
V the Gold Coast - tooo close to call.

Reply #339868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe one reason for the problems with the Kings is possibly because most of the Kings structure, including the majority of the coaching structure and management are not Kings people historically... Tim Hudson (WS Razorbacks player, and not really a good player either)... most of the players are not from clubs that the Kings used to be associated with... in fact, only 2 are currently associated with Kings-based clubs (Bose, Iti)... all the rest that were originally sourced from clubs in Sydney, came from clubs that heavily supported the Razorbacks (Hills, Parramatta, Liverpool, Bankstown, etc.). Greame Dann is the only player who has played with both Kings-orientated, and Razorback-backing clubs (Sydney City Comets and Parramatta Wildcats). Gynes is listed as being with Shoalhaven Tigers (outside of Sydney), and Aaron Bruce is still marked as Horsham Hornets (Vic Country).

Even the headquarters are completely against everything the Kings name meant... they are based in North Ryde... part of the Parramatta City Council (WS Razorback territory)... and they train at Macquarie University (again... Razorback territory)... no wonder they are going crazy.

Reply #339884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moose should go, should never have been there. Look for jOyce or watkins to takeover

Reply #339890 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

"maybe one reason for the problems with the Kings is possibly because most of the Kings structure, including the majority of the coaching structure and management are not Kings people historically..."

I think this is the most ridiculous excuse I've ever seen... what does it matter where people played their previous basketball? Look at Perth... You've got a naturalised Australian, a young yank, one of their best players is from Goulburn NSW, another of his teammates he played with at the Spirit, where he also played for his current coach (don't forget that the coach is a ranga as well - surely that's got to play a part of it). What local council they're based in plays a part in how they perform on the court? Wow... I've seen some rubbish on here, but that takes the cake...

And wasn't Tim Hudson a part of the first Kings Championship? I seem to remember him signing my commemorative framed Kings thingy that they released... I remember as both him and Billy T didn't look happy that they had to sign on the board, not on pictures...

Reply #339910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im glad i wasnt the only one who thought that was an entirely irrelevant angle !

Reply #339912 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wookiee, I thought the same thing, and Perth was going to be my example too!

Reply #339915 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It's probably one of those Razorbacks haters that has their nose out of joint that the majority of the management/board are ex-West Sydney involved people... Next he's going to be one of the nutbags on the Kings facebook page suggesting Luc Longley coaches the team... honestly...

Reply #339924 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754