Isaac
Years ago

Heal: Kings need flashy, import PG

Shane Heal has come out saying that Robilliard's trio of Cooper, Bruce and Martin aren't cutting it in running the Kings team and a flashy, American point guard is needed.

FORMER Kings great Shane Heal says Sydney's season is doomed to fail unless they are able to recruit a flashy American point guard immediately.

Heal's blunt assessment follows a warning from Kings co-owner Max Schroder that the under-performing players are on notice.

Even if the players lift Heal believes it won't resolve their underlying problem."They need an American. Someone who can score a bit, who can run the offence, distribute the ball. Give them some balance," Heal said yesterday ahead of the Kings' tough road double starting against the Tigers in Melbourne tomorrow night before they take on Perth on Sunday.
Here's the article

Tough to put the squad under pressure going into a difficult road trip where they'll hardly be favourites.

The insistence that the roster adjustment needs to involve an "American" irks me, but realistically an import is going to give them the best flexibility as Australian stocks aren't high. Problem is they already have three point guards.

What do you think they should do?

Topic #26893 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Williams comin back yo!

Reply #339913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah definitely, corey williams could bring the kings back, just as he did for the tigers last year. Im amazed he's not playing in a team already.

Reply #339914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my god why do we keep wanting to bring homicide back??? everytime there is a vacancy, his name gets brought up!

move on!!!

dont you think there is a reason 2 clubs didnt want him back?

Reply #339917 | Report this post

brisbane  
Years ago

yes there is a reason - trevor gleeson

Reply #339919 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

At 3-5, the Kings should just worry about getting their best combos on court together at the same time.

Reply #339922 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Is Heal hinting at a comeback?

Reply #339925 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I like the Bruce/Cooper combo and Ratzsch has been unfairly maligned IMO. Agree with Paul.

They're not a contender either way but I don't think an import PG helps them one bit.

Reply #339927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An import combo pg/sg guard would be a good pick up

I think grant is still worth keeping

Ratz and martin to go imho

Reply #339952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jason crowe would be a good pickup for the kings

Reply #339954 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I agree with Heal that the current PG combination is way too weak.

The Homocide idea is a good call, IMO. I can see how he would be a good fit for Sydney.

Reply #339973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed they need a Homicide type.

Reply #339979 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Interesting he says that, Heal has being working towards a come back at State League level or uPwards

Reply #340008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks as though Bruce is showing Heal with his performance against the tigers

Reply #340143 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754