Anonymous
Years ago

36ers website looks horrible

The 36ers website is looking horrible these days. It's messy, is difficult to read and looks very unproffesional.

The tiles look like they were created using MS Paint and whats with all the underlining on the titles? Surely the person loading them up on there can't actually think that it looks good?

The images don't even match what the tile is for. The seating plan tile has a picture of the cheerleaders dancing on it.

How hard is it to make a nice looking template tile where you can then just change the title and image? (like nearly all the other teams have).

The site has gone from looking like one of the best a couple of years ago to the worst by a long long way.

Topic #26895 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I believe (and Isaac may be able to confirm) that the NBL have templates that are used. The old (and much better websie) was created by Triplezero.

Reply #339937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the 'templates' the sixers are currently using are nothing like any other teams.

and I highly doubt they are supplied by the NBL.

Reply #339939 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't remember any design templates supplied by the NBL, but they enforce that structure/columns you see as common to the team site designs. The promotional blocks that clubs add - I'd guess (unless things have changed) that those are still up to the clubs themselves.

The site as of some point last year has been done in-house.

Reply #339942 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Isaac we should start an Occupy protest in your honour at the next game

Reply #339967 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

i dont think it is all that bad.

if you look at worldwide bball club websites -a lot of them seem 'busy' when you first look at them.

i like the big picture of the dome game day as the backdrop.

within the last 2 years though i have attended a seminar on visual presentations and trends of the time and we were told that less writing and more pictures were the go - big bold pictures with simple to the point writing.

I have seen overseas clubs when they have something special they will keep a "entrance foyer" page announcing whatever it maybe with a link to click to get to the usual page.

anyway - all IMO

Reply #339986 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Muzz Buzz, no, that's OK. I am not keen on the look of the site, but I have no issue with my lack of involvement, just want to see the club succeed first and foremost.

If the team are winning and the venue is loud, that's what it's all about. Let's hope there will be more games like the last one.

Reply #339996 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

i am less worried about the look as i am the content, it is not refreshed anywhere near enough! the "woodville premiership football players attending the game" story was on the site about three weeks after the game!! and there are many other examples like this! plus it takes hours and hours to get the game results and story up on the site after games!

Reply #340001 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Future political career Isaac?

Reply #340004 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Will the member for Bragg please rise?

Reply #340012 | Report this post

36erssolja  
Years ago

gotta agree on this post by Anon. The site looks messy when compared with other sites in the NBL.

Its hacky, messy and just all over the place.

But then people dont judge a website, they judge the team on performance! They dont say, the website looks crap so we wont go. They say, the team isnt winning, lets not go or the team is doing well so lets go.

Reply #340167 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754