Jack Toft
Years ago

26/11: Sixers and Blaze

A much desired win against the Tiggers last week means the screws on the Sixers are turned half a turn back - but they are still there. Gold Coast are sitting at 3 & 3 and have won their last 2 games (which were also home games) are no easy pushovers for the local lads. The Gold Coast roster oozes talent, but a champion team always beats a team of champions. On paper, The Blaze look pretty strong so no game time for Tom Daly tonight.

Harvey and Crossie seem to compliment each other as their respective team's more experienced players. They can exchange pleasantries over their post game massage. Mark "Wolverine" Worthington is their leading scorer with 15.5ppg and their leading rebounding with 7rpg. Can the Sixers find a suitable Magneto to tame him? Deleon is another dangerman but after holding Mills to a “mere 32 points” last week (let’s face it, 60 was on the cards), our guards should find this assignment slightly easier than last week. Petrie is grabbing everything and looms as a real test for the Sixer’s forwards. Gibson and Hudson round out the 5 players averaging over 10 ppg. Goulding seeking to join them.

Sixers fans will be familiar with Tom Garlepp, who had to make an unfortunate move from Adelaide due to the NBL’s “one ranga per club” rule.

For the Sixers, Ballinger looks like he is carrying an injury, but DJ is more than capable of stepping up to the plate. While many have written Helliwell off, I wonder if he is getting clear instructions. He should be a wise head out there offering more.

My kiss of death this week goes to Creeky. He plays so well in transition and could be the wildcard the Sixers need for a quick run. Looking for him to hang from the hoop on Saturday night.

At the end of the night, it all gets down to D - just ask the '86 Premiership team, who deserve all the free beer fans get them. The Sixers need to play suffocating D to frustrate the Blaze into turnovers.

Could this be another game into OT? This will be close and my prediction is the Sixers to ice the game with a Ng 3 on the final play (that's assuming the rotations are correct!)

Topic #26909 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Hoping DJ can continue that rebounding form from the latter stages of the Tigers game. He needs to play like that every time out.

Centrebet had the odds even last time I checked. Tough one to predict.

Reply #340099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the story with introducing the 86 Championship team - when will that be happening? Couldn't see anything on the Sixers website.

Reply #340187 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Would they do it at the start to hype the crowd up? Or at half time when everyone is off getting cornettos?

Hopefully not at the end when the crowd is booing the refs.

Reply #340194 | Report this post

36ers solja  
Years ago

Provided of course we all can afford cornetto's Jack Toft!

Reply #340201 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Personally I think the clubs minimal effort with the 1986 Championship team at last nights game was piss poor. They were introduced at 1/4, Darryl Pearce was interviewed for about 30 seconds and they were then ushered back to the dressing rooms after the usual photo's without any real chance for the crowd to show their appreciation to them.

Oh and just while I'm on it last night I found what a lot of others have found at the Arena. If your sitting either in line with the corners or the baselines of the court you simply can not hear the PA properly. The music was fine but neither myself nor those I was with could make out a word the dummy with the mic was saying all damn night. Seriously, even hearing the player intro's was hard. Something needs to be done IMO.

Reply #340333 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754