philly
Years ago

NBA looking to be back- now how do we watch it?

Anyone know the details on who will have the rights to the NBA in Australia??

I remember seeing One HD dropped their contract can they pick it back up? Maybe some public pressure is in order for them to pick it back up...

Topic #26926 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

TV wise, probably only ESPN. Fox Sports used to have the rights aswell before One picked them up, but I haven't heard if they've renewed them since One dropped them.

Otherwise, it's league pass.

Reply #340319 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Wish James Packer would cark it

Reply #340324 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

That's quite unkind Dud.

Be a good bloke and just buy him out. Otherwise start an Occupy Foxtel movement, it's the latest craze, much more popular than those flash mob gatherings.

Reply #340326 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

At least if you occupied Foxtel you wouldnt get bored. Would be able to watch some decent programming that One used to have.

Reply #340328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

league pass!!

Reply #340349 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

with League Pass can you record the games and watch at later date?

Reply #340373 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Kris, league pass is on demand so you don't record the games, but they can be watched whenever.

In the US league pass is integrated with Apple TV, I'd love to see that here as it would be an extremely elegant way of getting it on your big screen.

Reply #340377 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

Would love it if league pass could be watched on tv somehow, surely there is a way.

Reply #340380 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You should be able to, via a computer or whatever. I think a few people on Hoops connect it to large screen TVs and report the quality as being decent enough.

Reply #340385 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

How much is League Pass?

Reply #340390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ESPN can be watched through the xbox360 with the foxtel application. It costs $19 for the initial pack and then $10 for the sports. $30 a month to get espn and other channels.

Reply #340395 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

I dont suppose that deal is on ps3.

Might have to try my samsung internet tv- anyone had anyluck with that?

Reply #340398 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I just run a HDMI from my PC to my TV and stream direct to it.

My only question is: I s League Pass open to Aus users in full?

Reply #340400 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

from memory the full premium price of league pass was around $140 but there are variations where you can buy just the regular season or just play off etc. I suspect it wont be as much this season due to the shortened season.

Reply #340401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this year there is an MLB app for apple tv in australia. perhaps they will activate it for the league pass when the season commences

Reply #340412 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

"My only question is: Is League Pass open to Aus users in full?"

Yes. My mate does it, though if you want to stream HD you'll want to ensure you have a large enough internet plan, it can chew through a fair chunk of data.

Reply #340418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trust me, league pass is worth every cent.

Reply #340420 | Report this post

I couldn't survive without League Pass.
Just have a good computer, solid internet plan and hook your laptop/PC to your TV with HDMI.
I paid about $200 last year for regular season and playoffs. It was the smartest purchase I made all year.
You can even split the price with a couple of friends and just share the login details.

Reply #340603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The XBox worked well for me to get ESPN. It is cheap and you get other tv shows as well as movies. It also has an on demand feature which is nice too.

Reply #340788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754