Hendo8888
Years ago

Best import pairing in the NBL?

NBL site is running a poll of the best import pairing in the league.
Currently Cairns are leading. Wilson is pretty good, but Warren is probably the worst in the league (except maybe Ratzsch or Glover).
Question is: are nbl readers taking the piss or just crazy?
Second question is: who would be your pick?

I voted New Zealand. Jackson is pretty close to the best. Wilkinson was last year's best.
Adelaide could actually give this a shake. Warren is as good a shooter as I've seen. Has been found out a bit in the last few, but has the ability to put up 20 on any given night. Simpson would come close to leading the league in both points and rebounds if he was used in Weigh minutes. Has brought a lot to the table.
I still think Jackson is better (more versatile/well rounded) than Warren. Simpson and Wilkinson is an interesting comparison, Simpson is probably a better rebounder, Wilkinson the better offensive threat.

Topic #26934 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

I quite like the Crocs pairing of Mims and Gill

Neither of them tries to do too much, and they are both team players.

Reply #340507 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

how can there be a pairing in Perth when its only Lisch?

Reply #340510 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

This would be my order

NZ - Jackson + Wilkinson
Sixers - Warren + Simpson
Tigers - Dorsey and Ubaka
Townsville - Gill and Mims
Gold Coast - DeLeon and Hudson
Cairns - Warren and Wilson
Sydney - Grant and Ratzsch
Hawks - Catron and Glover

Perth only has one import

Reply #340511 | Report this post

spanker  
Years ago

I know it's for this season, but I don't care. I'm calling Steve Woodberry and Chuck Kornegay in 98. Or maybe Woodberry and Thaddeus Delaney from 99. Not the greatest of big men, but boy were they athletic and both vicious with the throw downs. And no one could lay the table quite like Stevie.

I think CJ was in that 98 team as well. And of course Leeroy.

Man I miss my Bullets.

Reply #340513 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Wilkinson and Jackson so far.

Reply #340514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ just over Adelaide.

Reply #340523 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers all day, Jackson ticks all the boxes and Wilkinson has just picked up where he left off last season.

Reply #340526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simpson's a great, great hustle guy, he's not a super low post threat though.

Reply #340527 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

wa sportsfan1 you havent heard of bartlett??

isnt he your 2nd import?? ( i wouldnt blame you for not hearing of him)

yeah warren and simpson are as good a pairing as adelaide has had in a long time. must be close to the best pairing.

Reply #340549 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Bartlett is not an import.

Reply #340550 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

I think Lisch is the best import going around, but Perth obviously can't win the pairing.

I would say NZ have the best pairing, followed by Adelaide. Townsville, Melbourne and Gold Coast could catch them by the end of the season though.

Reply #340551 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

As a Hawks fan this kills me, but Joevan & Showron would be worst - second worst.
Best would be Breakers, if Hudson was better the Blaze would win it easy with Deleon's play. Actually surprised they're ranking so low.. Deleon is a legit MVP so far. Since he's played the Blaze have gone 3 - 1, infact when he scores 20+ points there are 3 - 0.
Taipans duo is decent but Warren is so inconsistent.

Reply #340552 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Phil: Bartlett is a former Breakers development player from the Frank Arsego days, won the NBL dunk comp and is a New Zealander.

Reply #340555 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

ah my bad. when martin went down i thought they brought in a cheapie import, but now i do remember them talking about the nz player who won a dunk comp. just didnt link the two in my head. seriously bartlett won a dunk comp?? i havent seen him do anything other than jack up long range threes??

also surprising bartlett didnt get a gig this season until martin went down? doesnt look that great but must be a lot better than some of the 9th- 10th men on some rosters?

you dont need another import i guess when you have a boomer, a naturalised import, and a bunch of very good players.

Reply #340575 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

NZ for mine, but 36ers on their tail. This looks to be Adelaide's best pairing since Farley and Horvarth in 2007.

Reply #341191 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754