Isaac
Years ago

Deleon named NBL POTW

Gold Coast Blaze import Adris '2Hard2Guard' Deleon has broken through to win the National Basketball League’s Player of the Week award for Round Eight of the iiNet NBL Championship season.
After coming close to winning the weekly honours in the past few rounds, the American streetball legend finally snared the Player of the Week mantle after a stellar performance in the Blaze’s 95-82 road victory over the Adelaide 36ers on Saturday.
Deleon had 25 points for the game, including 12 in the final period, as well as four rebounds and three assists. His performance underlined the improvement Gold Coast have undergone since his addition to the Blaze roster. Gold Coast have won their past three straight games and four of their past five.
Runners-up: Jackson for 11/8/12 in a win, Grant for 19.5 and eight rebounds in a 1-1 week, and Wortho for 20/7/4 against Adelaide.

And then...
Others considered for Player of the Week for Round Eight included Cameron Tragardh (Melbourne), Shawn Redhage (Perth), Jacob Holmes (Townsville), Darren Ng (Adelaide), Julian Khazzouh (Sydney), Daniel Johnson (Adelaide) and Thomas Abercrombie (New Zealand).

Your thoughts? Did they pick the right man?

This must be a dream for the league - eight rounds and eight different teams represented in POTW awards. Only team yet to get one is Wollongong.

Topic #26936 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

As a Hawks fan, i don't see any POTWs anytime soon either. Hate to say that.

I agree, although Grant's games last week were great! Granted (no pun) the team went 1 - 1 but that was better than most expected.

I've always said this.. but i feel the need to keep standing up for this guy, Deleon is THE marque player of the NBL this year.
Stats - Got them
Wins - Got them
Best Player in the L - I would say yes
Swag - You bet
Pay to watch him play - Without a doubt
Kids want to "be" like Adris - As above

This is the guy the NBL should have on the front of their marketing (haha) campaigns.

Reply #340569 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

This man has skills.

Reply #340585 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Deleon is great, and a well deserved POTW winner, but Id wait a few weeks to see if he is still doing it before I put him up as the poster child. I hope he does keep doing it, fun to watch. He v Wilson this week should be great - battle of the hesitation moves.

Reply #340598 | Report this post

Cally  
Years ago

Deleon is a great player for sure, BUT, Jamar was all over him in the Gold Coast V Taipans game and Jamar was definately the winner of that clash, as he has been in many other (if not all) point guard classes this season. Problem being he is not being recognised and getting the respect he rightly deserves.

Reply #341230 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754