Anonymous
Years ago

Anthony Drmic v Frank Drmic - who is better?

Only interested in thoughts of those who have seen both play. Obviously Anthony is younger but will he go further in his carrier than Frank?

Who has the better handle? Shooting ability? Passer, defense etc?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Topic #26942 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

The younger version IMO has a higher ceiling...

Reply #340626 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Anthony certainly looks the goods, should be better than Frank. 'Should' being the point of stress.

Reply #340649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with the above.

Destroyed us in some junior games, but needs to keep improving.

Reply #340676 | Report this post

I Spy  
Years ago

In a way its very hard to compare the two. Anthony is so much more athletic than what frank was but I don't think he has that instinct that frank did. Having said that though frank could have that head explosion at any stage where as I feel anthony is more composed.
Anthony is more of a threat offensively than frank and with his long arms can gaurd small if he has too, but frank could play more with his back to the basket than what anthony is capable of at this stage of his career.
Like mention above, he should be a better player than frank, but how many times do we hear that about someone. Anthony destroyed teams early on at the 19 worlds, frank never had that impact.

Reply #340786 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

I remember being at U/18 Nationals in 1994 which was held in Canberra. We had an oppurtunity to tour the AIS with family members.
The whole Drimic clan was there and all I can remember was Frank's little brother who must of been Anthony dropping the F bomb non stop and none of the family could shut him up.
This has nothing to do with the debate but I'll never forget it.

Reply #340793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anthony would have been 2 years old in 1994, therefore it was definitely not him dropping the F bomb! Never had the chance to actually see Frank play, although through playing with Anthony i can tell you first hand he has that instinct, very smart and has a killer instinct, and when the game gets tougher, Anthony gets tougher.

Reply #340810 | Report this post

Retro  
Years ago

I had a chance to see Drmic when he was in 14s, when I was a U20 player for Rangers (Jesus I am that old now) and he stood out from the rest of his teammates due to his high skill level and basketball IQ, and we all had an idea that the kid was gonna go far in the game. The kid is a hard worker and now we can all see it now after his performance at the U19 worlds and currently as a starter at Boise State.

Reply #340929 | Report this post

Gaylord Focker  
Years ago

I played with Frank at Dandenong from u12s to u16s. As a junior he was unstoppable. Our top age U16s side went undefeated through entire state champ season and all tournaments. Although 7 out of 13 players in Vic Metro squad that year were from Dande.. So Frank had a fair support cast around him which made him better.
Playing mens bball though, Frank was not athletic enough for his size. A little slow for the 2/3 spot and a little small for 4/5 spot. More suited to Euro leagues, which is where he ended up spending most time. US Colleges had a look at him around 1992-93 but weren't impressed.
Anthony is a flat out gun. (He was a little baby when I was playing at Stud Rd Stadium) More athletic, more energy, better jump shot, and much quicker off the dribble. Could even play mins in NBA provided he keeps developing his game. At the very least, will be a star in NBL or starter in Euro League.

Reply #346825 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

The most exciting thing about Anthony is that he presents the very tangible prospect of being a superstar starting shooting guard for the Boomers for the next decade plus, a position that we've lacked in since Gaze and Jason Smith retired.

6'6" with a pure jump shot and can hit consistently from long range.

Very exciting for the Boomers! Doubt he'll make London, but I would like to think he can make the Boomers SG spot his own for the 2014 Worlds and beyond.

Reply #346829 | Report this post

baron forge  
Years ago

frank is better looking
hehehehe

Reply #352454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #360377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754