Anonymous
Years ago

U23/1 Women - Norwood v Centrals

Just saw the scores for this game:

Norwood 160 defeated Centrals 14.

And Norwood was only sitting 7th on the ladder.

I can't recall ever seeing anything like this especially at this level!

Topic #26949 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

that would have to be a typo, Norwood arent that good, and centrals arent that bad

Reply #340713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if it is correct then the Norwood coach needs to have a good look at himself

Reply #340716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The individual scores by player adds up to 160!!

Reply #340717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not a typo, scores are correct. But its Centrals who need to look at themselves and not the Norwood coach. This is suppose to be the Premier league for our top U23 basketballers in the state, not a juniors game.While Centrals had some players out ,Norwood had two of their starting five missing.

Reply #340718 | Report this post

Phadreus  
Years ago

This is more of an enditment on the competition implementation.

It has had no assistance, nor planning from BSA. They didn't even follow their own guideline for timing of implementation.

All that has happened is that some clubs are struggling to put competitive teams on the floor, and the beating are getting bigger as players drop out.

Mavs and Sturt have both forfieted games in the girls while 40+ points wins happen EVERY round in both mens and womens comps. And, it started from the first week it was implemented.

It might be working on having droves of players in u23 Div 2, but has destroyed the standard of competition in the old reserves grade. Which it was designed to enhance.

BSA = Fail

Reply #340724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reflects the sorry state of female basketball state wide . Will centrals follow by purchasing U23 stars to emulate their ABL side?Rubbish comp which masquerades as district basketball but most of the players double up as div 2 and senior players hiding the fact women's basketball died but like the headless chicken,doesn't know it!

Reply #340725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it a shame they didn't get to 162 and get the extra sheet.

Reply #340732 | Report this post

Years ago

same with other junior grades - BSA comp committee needs to reassess after summer and tell some clubs / teams you need to go in ".... Div".

some also need to be promoted.

dont blame BSA - they have no control over what players each club puts on the court.

last year was a big improvement for centrals across the board - particularly their ABl women.

they are right in a new growth zone - so hopefully they will continue to get better.

but that result tells me they are in too higher grade.

Reply #340744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and exactly what did thrashing a team by 150 points prove other than morons run the game from coaches level who let it happen to BSA level who made sure it happens across grades weekly.

Reply #340750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the By-Laws:

1.6. Youth League Requirements
All clubs with a Senior Division 1 team must nominate and field a Youth League
Division 1 team.

Reply #340753 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

You can hardly run a prestigious YL competition when a lot of players can not commit to teams for several weeks. I know one club that has repeatedly asked BSA for postponement of YL games in these last few weeks because of high school and uni exams and next week is National Schools comp too.

BSA just quote rules back!!!!

I think YL should be put on hold till after Nat Schools comp or even till mid-January.
If BSA wants to fill stadiums, think outside the square and offer an ungraded/social comp for 6 weeks for YL players who can play at the start of the school 4th term.

Reply #340755 | Report this post

Pat Cash  
Years ago

Womens Sport

OH HUM BORING YAWN

Reply #340756 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Pat Cash you are a wanker

Reply #340757 | Report this post

Pug  
Years ago

Pat Cash,

at least our womens team can win a game.

Reply #340780 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

I think all of the basketball community were expecting the warriors to falter since they apparently lost juniors the couldn't replace yet we are still top omg I hear people swallowing their own words

Reply #340789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J, Stick to changing your shade of eyeliner.

Reply #340796 | Report this post

mimas  
Years ago

#796 - PURE GOLD, even though most people reading this will have no idea what you are on about. I actually laughed out loud.

Reply #340799 | Report this post

Wam soosnam  
Years ago

J
with woodies having 2 games extra vs central and eastern I reckon they will make finals. They are now one of the oldest teams in a 5 year age bracket.

When you win something, then its time to crow.

They have been the most under achieving team for the last 4 years at ABL level. They have not moved forward in Offense, defense , transition or rebounding.

THEY WILL NOT WIN THE GRAND FINAL OF YL

Reply #340800 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

796 I get it. Maybe gold eyeliner, after all, it creates .... mystic..

Reply #340803 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

All of of these comments are expected from the homophopics that have been been ringing and emailing me all hours of the day in hope u do exactly what you all expect and quit. For all that have been harassing mof
e the complaints are with the police so your stuffed. As for our girls I'm going to love seeimg you all wrong. And yes all gay I'm a drag queen married so what of it got issues bring it up to my face u gutless c....s

Reply #340808 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

I was remarking originally on a simple positive outcome but those sarcastic and homophobic comments are being calculated in my complaint to police. If u have something to say to me say to my face you gutless homophobic mother fu.....ers

Reply #340809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it no wonder kids leave sport if people carry on this way, grow up and get a hobby of your own to vent your anger and frustration. Leave kids to play in peace, you're just encouraging them to turn into the trash you've all become!!!!

Reply #340819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J, WOW! Warriors reppin!

Reply #340831 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

j, Thought you would have learnt from the South indecent with you shooting your mouth off like that.

Its because you react that make people lay the bait. (fishing season)

Reply #340835 | Report this post

deimos  
Years ago

How can this person be allowed to continue with the club after an outburst like that? His comments on here are just ridiculous. Surely the Warriors have enough problems without allowing this clown to drag down what little reputation they have. What value does he bring to the club anyway? He's a nobody who has never actually achieved anything in basketball.

Reply #340927 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754