Isaac
Years ago

Tovey out of Perth-Adelaide game

From the Cats on Twitter:

Cam Tovey has been ruled out of this Sunday's #CattaliniCup match against Adelaide due to a foot injury #standtogether
Sixers are paying $5 on Centrebet for the win if you're feeling stupid and frisky. (I am! Mostly stupid though.)

Topic #26961 | Report this topic

dud  
Years ago

Cannot see Weigh and Johnson playing their best ever games again like last time.

Reply #340986 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Or perhaps Ballinger, Simpson, Creek and Herbert will have far greater input into the game and compensate for the reduction in output from Weigh and Johnson (in comparison to the last game in Perth).

Tovey has turned into a very handy player since his move to Perth. I never rated him in Townsville but I've come to respect him in the last couple of seasons. Hurts Perths depth (ever so slightly).

I've never felt stupid because I've never know what it feels like to be anything but.....

Reply #340988 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Perhaps jump on the Adelaide line of 9.5+.

I still don't think the Sixers will win. Last time we had to shoot at 60% and won by only 8. The only thing going in the Sixers way is that they have the confidence that they beat Perth last time and have a similar game style (besides Perth actually win).

Reply #340992 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

dud I wouldn't say the game in Perth was DJ's best ever game. In the game against Melbourne last year when Balls got injured he had 31 points, 13 rebounds and 3 steals. I was at that game and having re-watched the Perth/Adelaide game last night, downloaded from AndTheFoul, I think he played better that night than he did against the Wildcats.

Has anyone "It Goes Off" this week? Balls was the first mentioned in "Who's Hot, Who's Not" on the Who's Not side of things. If their record is anything to go by then hopefully Balls form should start to pick up a lot over the next few rounds. I also noticed that Andrew "These picket fences hurt when sat on" Gaze was very reluctant to say that Aussie basketball's so-called "Boy's Club" member Marty Clarke's job as 36ers coach would be under pressure. How can it not be when his record is a dismal 11-25? If Moose Robilliard is supposed to be under pressure then surely Clarke is? And for that matter, what about Gordie McLeod?

Reply #340994 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Oh, And I'm backing the 36ers but only through loyalty.

Reply #340995 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754