Mystro
Years ago

Breakers Vs Blaze NSEC 8th Dec

Breakers come off a double OT victory over the Tigers that sent them top of the table where the Blaze are 4-4 and sitting 4th after going down to Cairns. Last time they played NZ got the job done in round 1 on the road and will be looking to back it up at home in this one.
NZ's starting 5 got the job done last week with all of them in double figures (Jackson 10, Corletto 18, Abercrombie 33, Vukona 10, Wilkinson 16) and interestingly the Breakers Starters pulled down 37 rebounds out of the Teams 54.
The Blaze have a great Player in Worthington who goes up against Vukona but Gibson, Cadee, Goulding and Harvey will all need to step up after going for a combined 17 points in their last match against Cairns.

Plenty of good matchups in this game and should be played at a pretty decent pace with both teams loving to run the floor.

My pick is Breakers by 9 at home

Topic #27005 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

As far as I've seen, the Blaze need to make sure that they're going into the 4th quarter with a good 15-20pt lead to have a chance of winning.

Breakers 4th quarter play is usually excellent. I think Jackson v DeLeon might be a good matchup.

Breakers by 15.

Reply #341741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blaze are done. The stats ate similar but breakers just distribute better. When blaze win they have a lot of scoters en there down they all try to hard to make the points. They need to know there roles and stick to them. And make some rebounds. There getting smoked in rebounds

Reply #341760 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vukona early favourite for POTW. 21/11/6 with no turnovers. Breakers started slow and then killed them.

Clarky, I should've offered you Henry for Pledger...

Reply #341761 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

What is up with Chris Goulding, he destroyed Adelaide two weeks ago with what I would consider a 'perfect Chris Goulding type of game' and since then he is practially not even playing?

Reply #341763 | Report this post

GHOST  
Years ago

Another good game for Breakers . Corletto 18 points 5 assists i bet Melb Tigers had him now.

Reply #341764 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

^practically

Reply #341765 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Blaze smashed on the boards 48/22. Vukona grabbed anything that came anywhere near him. Breakers starting 5 all in double figures again, Wilkinson 11points 8boards, Vukona 21 putting his hand up as Isaac mentioned for POTW, Abercrombie with another double double with 16/10 and 2 blocks, Corletto had 18 again, Jackson 14 points 7 assists. Pledger again putting his hand for more minutes contributing 18 points (8/10) and 6 rebounds.
For the Blaze Harvey got going early and found his range but as the game went on NZ's D picked up and they didn't get caught out with the off ball screens as much and managed to limit him to 19, Hudson also had 19 before fouling out in the final minute. Deleon had 15 and Gibson 10. Worthington was quiet with 6 points.
Dumb little push and shove and shirt grabbing sequence ended in Henry and Petrie getting ejected.
Great win but they have to back it up against the Sixers on Sunday which is gonna be a big ask.

Reply #341776 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Hahaha Isaac, if you had offered me that this morning I probably would have taken it!

It's not like it really matters, I missed lockout and was planning to have Vukona as captain because of the 2 game round... =[

Reply #341784 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ouch! Would still take him or Davidson off your hands!

Reply #341988 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

New Zealand

• Mika Vukona (28)
  • Daryl Corletto (21)
  • Gary Wilkinson (20)
  • Thomas Abercrombie (13)
  • Leon Henry (12)
  • Josh Bloxham (9)
  • Cedric Jackson (8)
  • Benny Anthony (6)
  • Dion Prewster (2)
  • Alex Pledger (2)
  • Dillon Boucher (-15)

Gold Coast
  • Jason Cadee (3)
  • Stephen Hoare (-2)
  • Anthony Petrie (-5)
  • Tom Garlepp (-7)
  • James Harvey (-10)
  • Adam Gibson (-12)
  • Chris Goulding (-12)
  • Will Hudson (-15)
  • Adris Deleon (-22)
  • Mark Worthington (-23)

Reply #342353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754