chemistry
Years ago

Lightning sign Monica Bellow

After watching her play recently for Forestville I have no doubt that she will be very good back in the Wnbl for Lightning.

The problem will be that she will in fact be better than Marino.

Who thinks for team chemistry Monica should be starting point guard and Ang at the 2?

-----

Topic #27019 | Report this topic

The Answer  
Years ago

Looks like your chemistry is more like a backyard clandestine lab and has blown your brains out.

There is NOWHERE in the media saying the Bello has signed with the Lightning.

Seriously, school holidays shit me to tears.

Reply #341966 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Pull your head in dickhead.
There's an article in the paper.

Reply #341969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she was training with them during the week

Reply #341973 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Looks like The Answer does not always have the answer. This might be a good lesson in self-restraint before trying to tear someone a new one. A few clicks of the 'ole mouse button to the advertiser's website might have prevented such embarrassment...

Reply #341974 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

IMO "The Answer" should check out the facts, including the article if The Advertiser (with a quote from the Coach), before he/she shhots off at the mouth. And FYI the school holidays haven't started yet for ALL students. And I also agree with Hendo8888. Also when posting please spell peoples names (BELLO) correctly.
That's concludes my rant - go Lightning.

Reply #341976 | Report this post

chemistry  
Years ago

Sorry for ths spelling mistake
I know here name is Bello

I purchased an advertiser this morning and so thought people would like to discuss.

Also I am a little old for school now (39)

Reply #341978 | Report this post

chemistry  
Years ago

Answer, do you have an answer?
Perhaps you are the kind of trash talker who can't back it up with game

Reply #341981 | Report this post

chemistry  
Years ago

Oh and back on topic:

What do others think of Bello starting point guard and Marino playing the 2, or perhaps even coming off the bench to shoot the 3 ball which is her game

Reply #341984 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Looks like The Answer doesn't have an answer or maybe doesn't like being criticised.

Reply #341993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chemistry , this is pointless discussion. Marino should be the 9th player from the bench under normal circumstances.

Reply #341994 | Report this post

Jackie C  
Years ago

Marino the 9th player off the bench? For a start, shouldn't that be 4th player off the bench? And you're dissing a two-time Olympian, even though its only with NZ. But I know I'd sure like to go to a Games as a national player for any country! And she did OK at both Olympics. In answer to the question, Bello is a pass-first playmaker, Marino is a shoot-first. What her signing does mean is this team can win the championship.

Reply #341998 | Report this post

chemistry  
Years ago

So Jackie that's my point/question.

With a quality pass first guard in to the rotation, wouldn't it make sense to start her.

If that's the case doe you start Marino at the 2 where whe is more comfortable or would you prefer her off the bench with Amy Lewis starting
-------

1. Bello
2. Marino
3. Screen/Hill/Lewis
4. Bishop
5. Bat Girl

-------

That's what I would do
If Screen was back to her best I would start her at the 3, however the third sport could be any one of those three depending on form and size of the opposition.

Reply #342000 | Report this post

Jackie C  
Years ago

Think it will take Bello till well into January to reach WNBL fitness so the point's probably moot. Remember there top BEFORE Bello comes in so why mess with the formula? And when she hits the court, we get better than fall away, with all due respect to Kelsey Irland and the Screen-Lewis combo Bux has used at the point when Marino's on the bench. Really like their title chances now.

Reply #342007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chemistry, why not get all the Forestville players starting....

Marino/Lewis/Hill/Bishop/Bat is easily their best combo.

Reply #342012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Marino lightning have no appeal and are top yet there is no interest, says it all really

Reply #342019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754