Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Breakers v 36ers, 11 December

Big day for the club as they seek to the get the season back on track. It's also 11 December which is my father's 70th birthday - Happy Birthday and if anyone's got a spare ticket, let us know so I can take the wife and kids ..... and Dad.

Can the Sixers get win with Ballinger sidelined? Will Simpson and Johnson continue to step up? Are NZ too disciplined for Adelaide? Fascinating matchup in the 4pm timeslot on a Sunday arvo.

Topic #27029 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Do the Sixers have the ability to guard all of NZ's scoring threats?
Will the Breakers let the Sixers get out to an early lead with their average 1st Q transition D?
Will Clark limit his best players minutes?

Breakers by 7 is my prediction.

Reply #342143 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Abercrombie is the key for me. I would match him up with Creeky and let the best man win.

Reply #342154 | Report this post

Jamie  
Years ago

Breakers 96
6rs 86
Hoping Abercrombie, Corletto, Simpson & DJ have massive games for my fantasy teams ....

Reply #342168 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Stupid as it might sound... But I think we will win this.
Why? Because New Zealand are top of the ladder...
We beat Perth when they were sitting top.
We beat Melbourne when they were sitting top.
We beat Perth again when they were sitting top.
Seems like we only play well when we aren't expected to win at all.

(I actually don't think we have a hope, but this is the only reason I can come up with for us winning)

Reply #342176 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I won't be surprised if the Breakers drop this one on the road but the Sixers haven't been flash at home so they still may do it, won't hold my breath.

Reply #342205 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Simpson subbed at 5 minutes again???

Reply #342206 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers win again on the road. 86/73. CJ might have to play off the bench when he is fit, Corletto has been playing great as a starter with 15 tonight, 18 against the Blaze and then 18 against the Tigers.

Reply #342225 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

The thing that gives me the shits is how many times our bigs had an early seal on their guys down low only for the entry pass to be bad or completely waved away.

Reply #342272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another pointless thread on the same topic.

Reply #342274 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've tweaked this topic date so there's a main thread for the game, but also note that there are a few other specific threads relating to today's match - on Crosswell's injury, potential replacements for Ballinger and Crosswell, on Johnson, on Marty Clarke, on the starting five for the fourth quarter, etc.

Reply #342290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh needs to pull his head in and learn to
Pass the ball and play a team game! As much as he would like to be the man he isn't!

Reply #342300 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Another poor loss after a good 1st quarter,it started to fade into the second,Weigh needs to pass ball,its called teamwork and play defence.Johnson tried his best but was barking at refs too much,Simpson tried his heart out tonight,i belive Sixers must start winninggames as from now.We need quick replacements for balls and crossy fast or just play with what we have got until we find some decent replacements on whose available.IF Sixers lose more games we wont make finals again.Tough second half draw willbe hard to get in top 4 if in a losing skid.

Reply #342310 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Bad loss, a shake-up needed now, especially in light of the injuries

http://36reasons.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-36ers-v-breakers.html

Reply #342314 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I think we should actually give thanks to Isaac's bro Oscar and his Hawks for going down by 28 to the Wildcats at the `Gong last night (though by all accounts OF himself had an ok game). By doing so they've managed to keep the 36ers off the bottom of the ladder for the 2nd week running.

The winning margin of 98-70 dropped the Hawks percentage enough to have Adelaide stay 8th and Wollongong 9th.

Reply #342323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holden V8 - Thanks for ruining the score of the televised game for me - f**kwit. Think about the people watching the replay next time.

Reply #342329 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I must say an honorable mention goes to Leon Henry who shot 3 air balls! That has got to be a record at the dome and possibly the league? None of his other 4 shots looked close either.

Anonymous, you should thank Holden for saving you the time from having to watch a 28 point blow out.

Reply #342335 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Anon: If you are waiting for delayed feeds, how about staying offline til the game is shown....Quite simple.

Reply #342337 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Holden, not really worth worrying about the ladder for now. I think last or second last is really only quibbling when it's on percentage or a single result. I thought last year was tough trying to follow Adelaide and Wollongong. I think Adelaide are more watchable now, but the Hawks results have been rough.

Only positive was going 4/4 with bets. Had Kings -3.5 (won by four), Breakers to win, Breakers to beat -10.5 (won by 12-13 or whatever it was) and Cats to top -5.5 (which they did). Would've been happy to lose them all though.

Reply #342345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Average OKKA,

I've been posting on this forum from day one. Culture has always been no results in title threads, and no mention of televised games in other threads.

Very easy and simple to be considerate to others.

Reply #342348 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide

• Nathan Crosswell (4)
  • Mitchell Creek (2)
  • Tom Daly (1)
  • Diamon Simpson (-2)
  • Wade Helliwell (-7)
  • Darren Ng (-9)
  • Stephen Weigh (-9)
  • Chris Warren (-14)
  • Nathan Herbert (-14)
  • Daniel Johnson (-17)

New Zealand
  • Daryl Corletto (14)
  • Mika Vukona (13)
  • Dillon Boucher (13)
  • Cedric Jackson (12)
  • Alex Pledger (12)
  • Thomas Abercrombie (7)
  • Gary Wilkinson (1)
  • Benny Anthony (1)
  • Leon Henry (-4)
  • Josh Bloxham (-4)

Reply #342350 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

King James: lol at Henry shooting airballs, he's usually not that bad from outside even when he sits for long spells. Him and Abercrombie will be practicing their shooting heading into the next game.
Lucky Wilkinson hit 4/5.

Reply #342355 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

This was my first 'live' game of the season and the sixers started well but to New Zealand's credit they did what they needed to do to finish the game on top. The sixers just don't have that killer instinct you see it in the good teams, doing all the things like good defence, boxing out, hitting the shots, stealing the ball, making it hard for the opposition. As soon as our shots didn't fall we didn;t look good. Breakers just kept the score board ticking over.
I thought Crosswell was a big loss he runs the team well and what can you say about Wilkinson shooting but 'DAMN!".

Reply #342364 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Never understood why people go on forums, read results threads and then complain about results being spoiled. Maybe it's just me.

Another disappointing loss. Pains me to say I've stopped caring if they win or lose by and large this season. Really not sure where to from here.

Reply #342371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to the 36ers game in the arvo, want to comment on the game and then get the replayed game ruined for you.

Not hard is it to hold off giving the result of another game in this thread.

Reply #342374 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

i know what i'll do
while waiting for the replay of a game im really looking forward to watching...i'll go online and check out hoops.com and click on some threads

i mean really
think about it

i see the usual last qtr fade out happened again
no surprise is it really

Reply #342375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get f**ked mate, I've been posting here for years and this has never been a problem.

I have an idea, while in the 36ers result thread I'll give the results of every other game in the league even thought this thread is specific to one game.

Reply #342377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, steop being pedantic and you think about it.

Games aren't replayed til 10pm. This forum has always had a culture from day one of no game results in threads which do not relate to the game the thread is about.

Simple really. Just plain manners.

Instead this forum is being overrun with insensitive aresholes like yourself who talk down to people.

Reply #342380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please do Mystro, then Isaac will have good reason to block you from posting anything at all and we wont have to put up with your dribble.

Seriously how hard is it to not ruin other games for people.

Reply #342384 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Obviously, try to avoid spoiling games outside of their relevant threads. Those that read here know the risks and in this case I'm sure it was accidental, but at least make the effort please. This includes things like no obvious giveaways in topic titles if you can remember.

Reply #342392 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

cos I'd have no idea on how to troll teh interwebs ;)
lmfao at an ip ban

Reply #342423 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Agreed Issac, they are better to watch but nevertheless it has become tiresome to observe last quarter fades.

That is the 6th game this season in which the Sixers have been within 2 baskets of their opponent during the last quarter and ended up losing.

I'm trying to make sense of why; a lack of a 'go to guy', player rotations, a lock down defender for centres and power forwards (before people suggest Diamon is that player, Wilkinson clearly used his height advantage over Simpson and Khazzouh and Wilkinson are too agile for Helliwell). It is most likely all of the above.

Reply #342432 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm at a loss too, Ads. It's no single one thing. Can we put it down to a post Maher culture / lack of club identity?

It's like the only thing that carried over from the previous incarnation of this club was the crowd expectation.

I really used to look forward to getting along to game nights.

Reply #342451 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Perth and NZ have had the nucleus of their squads together for some time and avoid making too many changes from season to season. Few new guys in Adelaide combined with injuries to Ballinger and your first choice Import don't help chemistry or confidence.

Reply #342483 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's defence. Good teams get stops down the stretch. This Adelaide team wouldnt get stops if they were a tram.

Reply #342497 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754