TR
Years ago

Breed them big in China

I'm not exactly sure what they are doing in China, messing with radiation, herbal medicines, wasp urine or what, but this guy is a monster..

For the whole article: http://www.the-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050413/APS/504130766&cachetime=5

7-foot-8 Chinese player trains in Greensboro, hopes for NBA

By KELLIE DIXON

The hoop hangs within arm's reach of Sun Ming Ming.

The 7-foot-8 3/4 center positions himself under the basket and awaits a pass from trainer Keith Gatlin.

Ball in hand, Sun muscles his 350-pound frame into training partner Dshamal Schoetz, a 7-footer who played at Greensboro College who is nearly nine inches shorter. Sun pivots and places the ball firmly into the hoop. Swish.

Sun, who is from Harbin, China, is training in Greensboro for a shot at the NBA. His agent, Charles Bonsignore, paired the prospect up with former client and former professional basketball player Keith Gatlin. Gatlin, a managing partner with 334 Sports, a local firm that trains athletes, has worked with Sun for about five weeks.

"With his size, that intrigues everybody," Gatlin said. "He can really shoot the ball to be that size. The challenge for him now is to get mobile, to get up and down the court."

Sun also can handle the ball and has a sweet outside shot that swishes with the quick flick of his wrist. When it comes to dunking, he doesn't need to leave the ground.

Topic #2705 | Report this topic

Degenerate  
Years ago

Their was a guy who was 7 foot 9 inches tal and was gonna be signed to the NBA years back but his home Country of North Korea called him back to join the Army, poor guy

Reply #30440 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

I've heard mention of that Nth Korean guy before...WOW! 7'8" 1/2 Chinese guy with a nice outside shot and he hasn't been hyped up way outta proportion already? How come we have never heard mention of this guy before? Will he enter this year's draft?

Reply #30445 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

He's not American!!! lol of course we haven't heard of him

The news these days is:

-Michael Jackson Falling Over in his shower
-Camilla and Charles
-The Pope's Funeral

Apparently

-No ones dying in Iraq anymore
-Theirs no famines
-The Indonesians are over the Tsunami

THERE's Never real news anymore!!! lol

Reply #30446 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Well I just thought they would be hyping him up as 'the next Yao' already. That's what I meant.

Reply #30451 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Yeah i know, wasn't dissing you, just don't get me started on the Americans

Reply #30453 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Yea I definately couldn't stand living in America. There's too much garbage going on that isn't necessary.

Reply #30458 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Shows like Maury, Jenni Jones, Jerry Springer just make you dis-respect America more

i thought it was hilarious when George W Bush got boo'ed at the Pope's Funeral when he appeared on the big screen

CLASSIC!

Reply #30459 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Degenerate ..

missed that 'boo-ing' thing ... Did that really happen ? If so .. i;d love to see alink or ref to it mate!

Reply #30501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754