Double Clutch
Years ago

What's Hot/What's Not

Better late than never...

What's Hot:

• Cheapshot Mckay's shooting stroke, 28 points at 10/22, 3/8 3PT, 5/5 FT, 9 rebounds in 41 minutes. Man was on fire so much I thought it was 1985!
  • The up-coming Cleo photo-shoot with Paul Rees
  • Jason Warhurst, if you didn't know before you know now that this mo-fo can play. He cross-overed his way to 29 points on 9/19 shooting with 5/10 beyond the arc.
  • L.L.Hawkes (Looselips), knocking down 25 points on 11/22 shooting, with at least 5 team members abused on court as well in a good all-round performance
  • Johnny Walker black label, once you go black you never go back (to red)
  • Eastern Mavericks fans at North, all well behaved in a close environment full of noise with a good portion of children watching the game, good to see
  • Dallas Quigley, just yet another cool name going around the ABL
  • Erik Burdon, nice few weeks with 19 and 14.
  • Oscar's 26 points and 22 rebounds vs South as Sturt outrebounds the Panthers 70-50
  • Pasadena's Music Man - we sent him threats by post re Linkin Park and he obliged and played something different
  • Shaqdiddy winning his first ever game of Halo 2 with a last gasp shot, 25-24-24.
  • Ali hitting the quarter-century - happy birthday!

What's Not:
  • Nick Hambour's mouth, two techs in the game, someone bring some disinfectant to the next game at Hillcrest because that man is dirty!
  • The latest seasons of The Simpsons, personally stopped watching back in 2000, does anyone else think they should cut the cord on the show like their name was Terri Schiavo
  • North Adelaide at the free throw line shooting 52%, Loveday's request for the bigs to play more like Shaq may have been taken a little too literally
  • Jessy McCartney, more annoying than Ashton Kutcher, well not quite
  • ABL websites, seriously more than a few are just are not updated, don't help attract juniors to the sport and give no usefull info at all. I know it is shoe-string budgets we are talking about but it's time some clubs lifted their game, not mentioning names, NORTH ADELAIDE, CENTRAL, WOODVILLE!
  • 50 cent
  • Certain ex-state players spotted entering a strip club, you perverts know who you are
  • The dude from Eastern that Mavs fans call the "real Shaq Daddy", I'm sorry but every slightly-overweight guy ever to pick up a ball has been given that name, maybe news travels slowly up in little old Barker
  • The Extra by Jimoen and You and Your stupid mate, Australian cinema gets further and further away from Chopper and Idiot Box straight into the depths of cinematic hell that is a vomiting up a Yiros after a night on the town
  • Stuart Campbell breaking a chair in South's game after missing his only shot for the night - real classy!
  • Slick not being at Pasadena
  • Comforting Shaqdiddy because Slick wasn't at Pasadena

Flop of the week:
  • Sorry to do this to the dude because he has been playing well lately, but Nick Hambour had 9 points on 4/11 with 6 fouls including two techs against what isn't the greatest front-line in the league, still a bit hard to score when Cheapshot and L.L.Hawkes have 44 shots between them.

Celebrity sightings
  • Smooth Butter
  • Dr Dunkenstein
  • Zero Hour
  • Slick, still representin
  • Curious Monkey
  • Screw it, I was there, I consider myself a celeb if scrubs like Paul Arnott can make this list...Double Clutch

Topic #2708 | Report this topic

pimp my stats  
Years ago

definite - what's hot

erin getting drafted to wnba

go you good thing

Reply #30470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

definate - what's not (and this is for MR)

Paul Welbourn on the dance floor!!

Reply #30471 | Report this post

welby  
Years ago

hey no fair!!! i thought i was an okay dancer???
well at least i'm not as bad as 2 left feet Derryn Hinch.
i guess i'll have to brush up a bit so next time i can make the What's Hot list next time :)

Reply #30472 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

DC, if I can make your list as a celebrity, then you're right, anyone can!

Reply #30474 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What's not - South's long range shooting! Just checked the box-score. 0/18 from the arc. Ouch!

Reply #30477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's hot - Tigers keeping Norwood scoreless for 5 mins and field goalless for 7 mins in the 3rd, didn't look like the starting group either

Reply #30479 | Report this post

Norwood Lames  
Years ago

Young Big guy from the southern Tigers. Kid is a pure workhorse and built like the preverbial brick Sh**house. Made a mess of Kent when he played North, and comfortably handled Krause and Jones in that third Qtr mentioned above.
Some guy was yelling out "Serbia" on the Tigers bench, is he a local?

Reply #30483 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Dan Lalic is his name. He is a Tigers junior, currently bottom age 20's. Terrific kid, hard worker. Played State top age 16's, 18's and this year.

Reply #30490 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

I was at the Forestville vs Woodville game.

Surely with my list of songs (and movie quotes), I would have to be considered a celebrity!!! (LOL)

Reply #30491 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Double clutch

What's not - North DJ/MC Playing Delta Goodrem at game sat night.

An artist that should never be played at any sporting event!

Reply #30493 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

"An artist that should never be played at any sporting event!"

CORRECTION: An artist that should never be played!

Reply #30494 | Report this post

Bootlegs Buddy  
Years ago

For the first time I am agreeing with Matt Ryan.

Reply #30507 | Report this post

get a new name  
Years ago

Jesse Macartney is a saint. Leave him alone Double Clutch. What kind of person slams a completely innocent person on the internet

Reply #30508 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Thanks Bootlegs Buddy!

What's Not: Woodville men shooting 5/15 from the foul line!

(Only lost by 4)

Reply #30512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is post #30508 being sarcastic? It is school holidays and all so I'm not sure...

Reply #30515 | Report this post

get a new name  
Years ago

Lets just say my name was not originally "get a new name" it was in fact saying something against a certain ABL player. This was then deleted. My previous name made my comments relevant, now they are not.

Reply #30523 | Report this post

tinkerbell  
Years ago

To get a new name. In regard to who slams an innocent peson like Jesee Mcartney on the net; me and double clutch. I hate Jesse Mcartney. So sad, so sad

Reply #30531 | Report this post

Jesse Mcartney  
Years ago

I don't want another pretty face, I don't just need anyone to hold.

Laugh all you like guys, I'm the one picking up all the babes while you guys work out who's a celebrity at an ABL game.

Reply #30578 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

HHAHAHAHAHAHA .. wouldn't it be funny if that was the real Jesse Mcartney ... googled himself ... LOSER !!

Reply #30579 | Report this post

get a new name  
Years ago

For those wanting to learn more about jesse macartney visit www.jessemac.com

Reply #30592 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Dr. D, definately agree about that incident. Who is actually responisble for such an idiotic decision? Just chuck on some Hilltop Hoods or something everyone in Adelaide can like.

Reply #30696 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

DC - not sure who is responsible, but ill be willing to blame Jesse McCartney. I am sure you'll concur:

"Damn Jesse McCartney, first he infects our ears with his rubbish, then allows Delta to be played at Hillcrest, who does he think he is?.?."

Reply #30708 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Jesse McCartney is pure evil concentrated.

I think he may have something to do with North Adelaide playing so badly as well.

Reply #30728 | Report this post

getalife  
Years ago

Jesse Mac isnt a bad singer.. just heard him on the radio .. SHutup

Reply #50121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldn't you be at school?

Reply #50123 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I never said he's a bad singer you idiot. Just my concern is his ballad driven long songs contain subliminal mind control messages which will breed an army of 12 year old girls ready to do the devil's work.

Not a bad singer, just evil.

Reply #50132 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754