natwhereyouat
Years ago

Blaze arena music

.. Watching the Blaze Wildcats game on TV. I would have to say that their games (Blaze home games) are the WORST games to watch on TV! They're always pumping music so loud and so often, it makes it unwatchable! And if it isn't Vengaboys hurting my ears, it's their in house announcer yelling every 2 seconds. It's so bad, you can barely hear Shane Heal & Carfino commentate.

Bogut Tweeted a few weeks ago saying it was a basketball game, not a rock concert. And I agree!!

I know they're trying to hype up the crowd, but really I think having music play all the time would take the crowd out of the game. It doesn't give them a chance to get into the game.
Thoughts?

Topic #27110 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a joke. I was at the game. And the music is so loud it seams pointless chearing. They won't hear it anyway. They need to turn it down and really only play during a pump up moment or a time out. It is not a Rock concrete it's a basketball game and let them Play.

Reply #343427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

come on how dead would it be without music?like the brissy days,

Reply #343429 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Not saying no music, but like Anon1 said.. right leveled music played at the right time. Less is more!

Reply #343430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not being able to hear Carfino and Heal ... bliss.

Reply #343431 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Agree with OP.

Had membership last season, didn't renew this season, largely due to the constant loud music which honestly made being at games uncomfortable.

Having to shout at my mate next to me wasn't ideal. Announcer was terribly annoying too.

Club needs a broom put through the staff who run the show, they ruin what could be a successful team playing out of a great venue.

Reply #343433 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

How many times did he play 'sexy & i know it'? If the cheerleaders have a timeout routine to it then maybe don't play it during game time!! He has no idea...

Reply #343438 | Report this post

Keith  
Years ago

Terrible tv lighting, looks 3rd rate.
Need music, overplaying it is a turn off though.
Needs to be kept fresh, throwback nights with music.

Reply #343439 | Report this post

blazeblaze  
Years ago

Mr bEn - Are you a Blaze fan or not? You claim to be in some posts but haven't heard you say 1 positive thing about the club. It's not the front office fault, they're under paid, over worked and under resourced.

How about you make some constructive criticism before you bag the organisation.

Reply #343454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he just did ?

Reply #343467 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Not a fan, more of an 'interested onlooker' by default due to the fact I'm in Bris and they are the closest I can travel to watch a game of NBL hoops.

If you've followed Blaze discussion in Ozho, you would've noticed I've made many simple pointers for improving game night presentation et al.

For something as simple as turning down the volume, can't blame that on underpaid/overworked etc. They just ain't up to scratch with how to run a game!

Reply #343470 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Its not just the fact that it's so loud on TV. TEN could invest in some proper good rode mics to cut out alot of the outside noise, or mix it correctly before it goes to air.. But the fact that whoever handles the Blaze music just consistently plays music almost all game. It takes the crowd out of it a lot.
Towards the end of the game last night they actually cut it down a lot, and the crowd got into it, players were hyped etc. Need to pick when to play music and when not too.

Reply #343493 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

For what it is worth, I'm asked by channel 10 to turn down the volume at every tv game.

Reply #343498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

glad someone started this post because i was thinking the same thing. i watched the game in mute, it's ridiculous

Reply #343504 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I went to a game on the Coast last season & saw the double OT win by NZ. Can't say i thought the music was bad or loud. no different to Cairns.

Reply #343506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I went to the game on sat and the music was both bad and way to loud. The melbourne game last night is how it should be little to no music during gameplay and music at certain times to pump up the crowd. but with music as loud as it is at the gold coast games. the chearing is pointless as all the players hear is terribly bad music. id miss most shots just from listening to that tripe. Awesome game though. Deleon managed to pull himself together in the second half and make some shots and gibson was unstoppable.

Reply #343561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754