Isaac
Years ago

Ricky Rubio's pre-season debut

Rubio had six points, seven assists and six rebounds in 23 minutes, eliciting chants of "Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!" in the fourth quarter in homage to his Spanish roots.
Boxscore

Bogut had 9 and 6 in 26 minutes.

Topic #27117 | Report this topic

johnny_sack  
Years ago

I saw the game. Darko (who has the ability to be an upper-echelon defensive C when he wants to be) played Bogut pretty well for stretches. It remains to be seen if he can keep his focus through the season and not regress back into mope mode though.

Minny as a whole (a lot of that was on Ricky, D Thrill, and JJB) was fun to watch - but it is PS and i am not putting too much stock in one single game - but as a long suffering Wolves fan it was encouraging.

Adelman like like Rubio was worth the wait (struggling with coaches of McHale and Rambis' caliber),

Reply #343482 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

GO WOLVES!!

Can't wait to see these guys go from chumps to champs....couple more trades away from regular contenders.

GO WOLVES!!

Reply #344141 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I assume that is ex-Sixer Ron Howard on Milwaukee's bench?
What exactly does he do that would have him on the verge of being on an NBA roster?

Reply #344144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Ron Howard might be there because offensively he is very skilled, averaged 20+ points in the D-League 2 seasons ago. Milwaukee is terrible offensively so it's possibly his best chance at making the roster.

Reply #344145 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wasn't with us. Only thing I noticed he was good at was finishing a fast break. Not an overly good shooter, didn't play with much aggression, didn't like to drive it in for the layup, terrible free throw shooter etc.
Looking at his highlight package before he arrived he seemed to be able to do a lot, but I assume just chose not to when he was here. Either that or you can go down the Hoops road of blaming Marty for that too...

Reply #344155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754