Good Luck
Years ago

Haines to officiate at London Paralympics

Just saw on the BA website that local referee Phil Haines has been selected to officiate Wheelchair Basketball at the London Paralympic Games. Congratulations to phil on a deserved appointment. Matt Wells from New South Wales was the other official selected and congratulations to him also.

Topic #27131 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done Phil

Reply #343630 | Report this post

imonawinner  
Years ago

Congratulations phil, a great reward for years of hard work.

Reply #343639 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Had no idea the referees had to be 'special' as well.

Sorry.

Reply #343646 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Just keep your toes away from the chairs again, Phil. Congratulations.

Reply #343665 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

Congrats Phil, easily the best umpire in SA IMHO. Good bloke to go with his umpiring skill set! My only query is why Phil didn't get selected for the actual London Olympics? I couldn't think of too many better umpires going around in the NBL than Phil?

Reply #343688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CP3 - From my limited knowledge the London Olympic appointments havent been announced yet. That will probably occur in the new year. From memory Phil ranked approx 12th in the NBL last season so there are a few referees ahead of him.Several of those however are ineligible due to age or being from NZ. But you never know your luck in a big city. He had a great world championships recently which I'm sure have done his chances no harm.

Reply #343739 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Well done to BA for appointing a blind a deaf ref for the Paralympics. Great to see recognition for our refs like this.

Reply #343777 | Report this post

Chemistry  
Years ago

The Answer, that is the most stupid post you have come up with since your ignorant post relating to the signing of Monica Bello for the Lightning two weeks ago.

What credentials do you have?

Reply #343801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Answer = Classless.

It's probably harder to get to the Olympics refereeing than it is playing. At least there are 12 spots on a team, Australia are lucky to get 2 nominations to the olympic games and only 30 get selected world wide!

Compare that to 384 players.

Maybe you should take up the whistle and show us how easy it is and get nominated for Rio!!!

Reply #343804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754