SRT070
Years ago

How will Everard Bartlett fit in?

I know he filled in with Perth when Martin was out, but what are peoples thoughts with him joining the sixers? will he fit in well? i havent seen a game at all this season so hard to know where the team is at apart from all the abuse thrown around on the forums. he sounded pretty promising with Perth, so will he fit in with the sixers well? were there any other candidates that were preferred?

Topic #27150 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

another thread further down

Reply #343911 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Woops my bad. I only did a quick once over.

Reply #343924 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mystro, leaving this one as though the topic title was a bit awkward, it's actually about how Bartlett might fit in, rather than the fact that he's signed.

Unless he's a defensive shooting guard, I would've just played Ng as a starter and tried to outscore everyone. If teams have to hound Warren and Ng on the perimeter, Simpson and Johnson will continue to rack up decent games at a good clip.

Reply #343925 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Isaac, they may still start Ng and have Bartlett back up Warren and Herbert back up Ng?

Reply #343935 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Bartlett will be a good spark off the bench. He is hungry to prove himself at this level. He has good speed and isn't scared to shoot. I don't think he will try to over do it and will try to stick to the system and game plan much like he did in Perth. If he gets a sniff he will put it up or put his head down and go at it tho.

Reply #344027 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

nah more of a point that SRT070 might want to chime in on that discussion fresh topics with activity and debate are always good when not anon post after anon post

Reply #344030 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

This is more of the discussion i was looking for. without seeing the team playing for a change, its hard to tell who fits in and who doesnt. im sure alot of people will be looking forward to his sixers debut against the blaze on friday.

let me jump into the future here a bit though, say he does turn out to be a really good fit and make some really good numbers, considering his age compared to that of crosswell's, does anyone think Croswell has a shot of making it back into the team? it would seem stupid if bartlett turns out to be an outstanding player thats 25 to then be replaced by a guy thats on his last legs anyway?

Reply #344050 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Good all round player, dont expect him to win you games though. Maybe after a year or so in the NBL he could be but not just yet.

Reply #344113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crosswell is contracted next season so unless he retires he will be playing in 12/13

Reply #344114 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

well said alexkrad, he will just contribute here and there and try do what the coach wants

Reply #344138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754