Whitey
Years ago

2011/12 NBA Rookie of the Year

Whats everyone's pick for rookie of the year?

I cant decide between Greg Monroe or Ricky Rubio.

I am leaning towards Monroe.

Topic #27156 | Report this topic

ANON12  
Years ago

Bit premature - the season hasn't even started. Wouldn't it be better to wait until some games have been played and we actually have some statistics which might indicate who the ROTY might be. There could be injuries etc which would affect the award. It may not be either Rubio or Monroe but some smokey that no one has evern thought about. IMO it's wait and see.

Reply #343982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greg Monroe isn't a rookie, he played last season.

Reply #343997 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

greg Monroe was a rookie last year ?

as a cavs fan and after watching both pre season games. BOTH kyrie and tristain Thompson look very very good.

rubio looks rhetorically goods with derrek Williams too !

enes kanter looks a very promising big . and brandon knight at detriot looks very solid.

BUT my big roughy is klay Thompson at warriors. is a flat out scorer ! marc jackson has already declared him the winner. looks very good.

Jonas valencunious would win if he was at raptors not Lithuania .

Reply #343999 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

kemba walker looked alright in his debut

Reply #344002 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Ater Majok?

Reply #344004 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

yes kembla did and so to jimmer freddete

Reply #344005 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Rubio? Oh please. He'll have a great career of 6 points & 5 assists per game.

Freddete is playing in a crowded back court in Sacramento. Will get a few good games going, but unless they make some moves i doubt he'll get ROTY.

Kenneth Faried is my favorite rookie this year. This guy can be the next Dennis Rodman but with an offensive game.

ROTY will surely be out of Bismack Biyombo, Kemba Walker & Derrick Williams. Kyrie Irving i'm still not sold on.

Reply #344012 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Kenneth Faried?

Dennis Rodman potential with offence?

You serious homes?

I don't know and asking the ?

Reply #344015 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

biyombo i cannot wait to watch.

but how could you not be sold on Irving ? he's had multiple comparisons to cp3 .

and if youve watched any of the games he looks extremely comfortable and has a surprisingly smooth shot.
coach k for heavens sakes changed his famous duke offence for like the ffirst time ever just so this kid could have more control. heck . how could you.not be sold on him if coach k is ?

Reply #344024 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

biyombo i cannot wait to watch.

but how could you not be sold on Irving ? he's had multiple comparisons to cp3 .

and if youve watched any of the games he looks extremely comfortable and has a surprisingly smooth shot.
coach k for heavens sakes changed his famous duke offence for like the ffirst time ever just so this kid could have more control. heck . how could you.not be sold on him if coach k is ?

Reply #344025 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

YouTube search him if you haven't heard about him (Faried).

People forget that this year's draft class is as weak as 2001, if not weaker. So just because Irving was picked first doesn't mean he'll be a star. He barely played college ball due to an injury, so i'd say he'll struggle with consistency this year.. at least.

Reply #344044 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Bismack Biyombo won't come close, his ceiling is Ben Wallace and that's if he really develops.

Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams are no doubt front runners. Jimmer and Kanter have the potential but are playing in logjammed positions for their teams.

I like the look of Vesely if he gets the start in DC, good be effective at both ends and be a 15 8 and 3 guy.

Think Derrick William's play might be hindered by Beasley so I'm going with Kyrie to win it with Vesely as my smokey!

Reply #344095 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

My pick is Kemba Walker with Irving a close second.

Reply #344107 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think it is way too hard to pick a stand out this year...but my early pick for ROTY is Derrick Williams.

Reply #344128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about Norris Cole for miami. I reckon by the middle of the season he will take chalmers starting spot and will average a bit over 10 points and around the 10 assists mark the kid can play.

Reply #344132 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Sorry but Rubio has been a pro since the age of 14 and spent the last 2 years playing for an old school coach, for the top team in Spain (if not Europe) who pretty much shackled any creativity and flair that he had. So to be calling him out as a bust (or a role player) at this stage is pretty premature. At worst i see him as a poor man's J. Kidd and at best a rich man's version of the same.

If K. Love (the slimmed and cut version) moves to play more mins at C for the wolves - D. Thrill will get mins. and might be a real threat for ROY. And if Rubio turns out to be the glue that makes a team work that all fans hope he is - he might eek it...

But this is a wolves homer speaking - so take that as you will.

Too early to tell anyway - for any player.

Reply #344133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol Norris Cole 10pts 10asts on a Miami team with Bosh, Wade and LeBron dominating the ball, i don't think so buddy, and he is in no position at all to take Chalmers starting spot, but he is quite a good backup, but no where close to starting material yet though.

ROY will go to either Kemba or Irving, quite simply because of the court time they'll be receiving compared to the other guys, and how their teams don't have much talent level around them to pinch into their numbers. Derrick Williams has to compete with Rubio, Barea, Beasley, and Love and possibly Wesley Johnson.

Reply #344139 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I'm sorry, I still can't get over the initial question....Greg Monroe? Did you even notice the NBA after All-Star break last season? Monroe was a double-double monster then! Haha.

Reply #344230 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Here is his game log from last season, I can't believe a hoops fan wouldn't have noticed this cat, the way he was playing!

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/detroit-pistons/players/greg-monroe/gamelog/11/8/108

Reply #344231 | Report this post

Ace  
Years ago

Jimmer is the real deal.

Reply #344237 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754